We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
To pay or not to pay?
lr30
Posts: 1 Newbie
My car received a parking charge notice today after it was parked on what I believe to be private parking land. It was issued by Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd and states that the charge is £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.
There are some signs up saying private parking/permit holders only but these are so old and tattered and the space is always rammed with cars it is unclear if they are still enforced which they obviously are. The threads I have already read with the appeal letters etc all state you couldn't see signs or they weren't clear and I am not sure this is applicable to this case.
Question is, I don't know if there are any grounds to appeal on or what I should do next really. Can't really afford to pay the charge. Any suggestions on the best course of action to avoid being out of pocket?
Many thanks for your help!
There are some signs up saying private parking/permit holders only but these are so old and tattered and the space is always rammed with cars it is unclear if they are still enforced which they obviously are. The threads I have already read with the appeal letters etc all state you couldn't see signs or they weren't clear and I am not sure this is applicable to this case.
Question is, I don't know if there are any grounds to appeal on or what I should do next really. Can't really afford to pay the charge. Any suggestions on the best course of action to avoid being out of pocket?
Many thanks for your help!
0
Comments
-
No you shouldn't pay. You have already mentioned why you have at least one valid appeal point.
Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then appeal using the BPA template in blue you will find there, at the time it tells you to appeal in the NEWBIES. (Day 26 for a windscreen ticket, immediately for a postal NTK.)
Copy and paste and send by whatever method the PCN tells you to use. Do not edit the template.
Do not pay, do not ignore, do not reveal who was driving (well done on not doing that already) do not miss the appeal deadline.
The above assumes you are not in Sotland or NI.I married my cousin. I had to...I don't have a sister.
All my screwdrivers are cordless."You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks0 -
Yup - don't even consider paying until you have read the Newbies Sticky and educated yourself on the current state of private parking in the UK!
Then your range of options should be quite clear.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
