We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Several PCNs and Notice of Debt Recovery Assignment
cornel1311
Posts: 39 Forumite
Greetings to everyone here!
I am currently studying at university and about 7 months ago I used to park in the Sainsbury's parking for both making my shoppings and other reasons because it was the only space available in the whole area, but that's not why I'm here. In a period of 3-4 months, I have never received any parking tickets or something similar whatsoever.
However, in January I have received 4 PCNs for 4 different occasions where I have over-stayed between 5-30 minutes. Following the last 2 months, I kept receiving letters from Debt Recovery Plus that I am overdue with my payments, followed by discounts or threats going to court. Now, I have read on different forums that this is their usual approach and should just ignore the letters and I have done so. Consequently, today I have received a different letter from Zenith collections, saying that they bought my debt and I have to deal with them now. I am aware that Zenith/DRP are the same company and they never go to court. I wish I had paid at the beginning the discounted amount so I could have gotten over it. But I never did and now I'm worried about what is going to happen, as I already have to pay 120pounds each and I have 4 of them.
Can anyone advise me here about how should I proceed? Should I keep ignoring them, hoping that they will never go to court (I've read somewhere that if they go to court and they win I will only have to pay the amount I owe to the parking company and not the amount the Debt Collectors demands) or should I find a solution to pay to the amounts? Do you think this can ruin my credit history? As I stated before I am a student so at the moment I cannot afford to pay the 480pounds. I am grateful to anyone who can guide me through this and the proceedings.
Edit: I have kept all letters, if needed I can upload those letters here.
I am currently studying at university and about 7 months ago I used to park in the Sainsbury's parking for both making my shoppings and other reasons because it was the only space available in the whole area, but that's not why I'm here. In a period of 3-4 months, I have never received any parking tickets or something similar whatsoever.
However, in January I have received 4 PCNs for 4 different occasions where I have over-stayed between 5-30 minutes. Following the last 2 months, I kept receiving letters from Debt Recovery Plus that I am overdue with my payments, followed by discounts or threats going to court. Now, I have read on different forums that this is their usual approach and should just ignore the letters and I have done so. Consequently, today I have received a different letter from Zenith collections, saying that they bought my debt and I have to deal with them now. I am aware that Zenith/DRP are the same company and they never go to court. I wish I had paid at the beginning the discounted amount so I could have gotten over it. But I never did and now I'm worried about what is going to happen, as I already have to pay 120pounds each and I have 4 of them.
Can anyone advise me here about how should I proceed? Should I keep ignoring them, hoping that they will never go to court (I've read somewhere that if they go to court and they win I will only have to pay the amount I owe to the parking company and not the amount the Debt Collectors demands) or should I find a solution to pay to the amounts? Do you think this can ruin my credit history? As I stated before I am a student so at the moment I cannot afford to pay the 480pounds. I am grateful to anyone who can guide me through this and the proceedings.
Edit: I have kept all letters, if needed I can upload those letters here.
0
Comments
-
You are right to just keep ignoring. Zenith/DRP don't (can't) take you to court, but the original parking company may. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it, though. If a Letter Before Claim or a real claim comes, then you act. Until then, just sit on it, and keep all paperwork.
Who is the parking company behind this?
No need to see the letters. They'll be the same as we've seem umpteen times.0 -
The name of the parking operator is Horizon Parking.0
-
Firstly, could you upload this letter to one of the free hosting sites like photobucket.
We would all like to see just what the letter says
As the charge is from Horizon, only they could sell a debt.
DRP are simply low life debt collectors and could not sell anything to Zenith
Did you receive a letter from Horizon stating they were selling the non proven amount to Zenith ??0 -
Here is the last letter I have received.
https: //files.fm/u/eeekqf6h#/view/18052885_1425647870824959_1838385200_n.jpg
Please remove the space above, I couldn't post the link otherwise. Thanks!0 -
cornel1311 wrote: »Here is the last letter I have received.
https://files.fm/u/eeekqf6h#/view/18052885_1425647870824959_1838385200_n.jpg
Please remove the space above, I couldn't post the link otherwise. Thanks!
All that letter says is that debt collection has been passed to Zenith
This is not an assignment of any kind, it's a trick to scam you
What happens is this.
Imagine an office with two desks.
One desk is DRP and the other is Zenith.
Any so called debt can only be sold by the principal which is Horizon
You know that certain hole where the sun don't shine ???
Zenith live in that hole which is owned by DRP
Ignore these bottom feeders.
If you receive a letter before claim from Horizon then come back here
Don't they teach you about scammers at Uni ?0 -
Do you think this can ruin my credit history?
No, as long as you don't ignore or don't see any court claim (e.g. we see loads of people whose post goes to an old address and they are silly enough not to have it redirected or pick their post up - Court claim arrives, they ignore it, BOSH, CCJ).
But NOT from a debt collector!
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5035663
Horizon sometimes use Gladstones to try a claim. Defendable if so but you MUST see your post quickly every week if it goes to your parents' address or tell them to open your post and email scans of anything from Gladstones or Horizon (but laugh at debt collector letters).PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD0 -
Well, I've had only 2 addresses in the UK anyway and my parents live oversea. That's all I have I could have received as when I moved from my previous address I have changed it everywhere.0
-
OK so as long as you are getting your post, ignore debt collectors, as the linked thread above tells you. If you get a court claim come back.PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
