Debt Free by December 2017

Options

Comments

• blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Thank you Hiddenidentity!

Spent last Saturday at the spa and then went out for food and drinks. So much needed and lovely catch up with friends!

Assignment was handed in (finally) and have had a full week off now :D. Assignment returned by Wednesday and then I will be a 2nd Year PGDip/MA student!

Spending next weekend in the spa too, as part of my birthday present from H2B - birthday was on Wednesday (23rd).

Arranged car insurance on Thursday, got it down to £573, after some quotes were coming out at £800+! We have the money available so all is good.

Current debt at £4690.52, finally feel like we are getting somewhere! Might not be paid off by the end of the year but it's starting to feel like the end is in sight :).
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Debt gone up slightly to £4984.12, we decided to book a trip to London as H2B's brother is currently living there and a friend of mine is living there. We are headed down in November, although wanted to take advantage of cheap v1rg1n tickets, we both got return to London for £38!

Took some money out of the emergency fund due to a broken tyre, the worlds tiniest nail cost us £60! Took it to local mechanic rather than dealer as would much rather the pennies were in his pocket.

Full steam ahead for car insurance which will come out on the 26th, think we will have the perfect amount in our pot, as T0pC45hb4ck finally paid out after 18 months (and some nagging on my part!)

Past the first year of my PGDip with flying colours and after 2 weeks off, I'm now itching to be studying again! Looking forward to the next 2 modules as there are no more placements (yay!).

Feeling positive about work, study and working towards being debt free :D
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Apologies for not posting in a while! Everything has been slightly hectic with work, Uni and life generally :D. Debt now at £4625.43 so still going down slowly, been a slightly spendy month but hoping to get everything back on track. Hoping to read some other diaries for inspiration :D.
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Not sure of current debt figure - not good I know but tired after a few days in London and I will work it out soon :). Trying to save money after lots of spends in London, spend about £8 at ASDA on a few bits and attempting not to go now until Sunday - eating out of the freezer!

Have invested in a slow cooker since my last post and attempting to do lots of batch cooking and freezing which seems to be working out so far.

Will post more tomorrow as I really need to get back on it with the forums and debt busting - wanted to do a post while I remembered though!

Good night all for now :)
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Debt currently at £4,411.46, so going down but unlikely to be paid off by December like I had hoped. Will aim to be at £3500 by the end of December, which I think is a realistic target and then review in January. In February and March we will have an extra £150 per month from how we pay our council tax and water so that can go towards debt too. Been to London this week, was slightly speedy but then have only spent £25 at ASDA on shopping for this week. Might need some milk and possibly cat food but should be ok other than that :). Starting to look forward to Christmas though :D
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Not posted in here in far too long! Christmas caused everything to get hectic both at work at home. Barclaycard currently at £2,283.30 and money owed to Mum and Dad at £1400, leaving current debt at £3683.30. Can’t debt bust too much this month as we’ve had to pay some money to our wedding venue - we’ve booked a venue for August 2019. Although we don’t need to make any payments now until May 2019. Trying to spend as little as possible on food, so here goes to being debt free in 2018 and married in 2019 :D!
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    I'm fairly sure I've blinked and it's April! Have been working hard on reducing food and petrol spend which has been going well, debt currently at £3187.12 which will be reduced by another £500 at the end of this month (hopefully by more!).

Needed to buy home insurance at the start of this month although have £50 Co-op voucher which will be coming, still waiting on £125 from NatWest switch and £100 from H2B's Nationwide switch (he's starting to play the game too :p).

Did have to buy a new vacuum cleaner charger at £32, although cheaper than their offer of a new vacuum at £168...

No spends so far this month :D, about to check freezer and do meal plan, run some errands and then head to Uni. Best get on with the day :D.
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Still on track to debt bust £500 this month, as I pay monthly I sometimes feel like it takes aaaaaages to disappear although don't run a system where I can make payments daily.

Doing ok with low spends, might have to do some batch cooking next weekend, aim is to try and live off our freezer for the week (although H2B was angling for pizza, might get away with shop ones though :p).

Studying going well, only got a few weeks left of assignment writing for this academic year!! And then onto the much needed decorating of our front room :D. And wedding saving ofc :D
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Haven't posted in ages, went back to lurking and decided to re-try diary writing again. Credit card debt was completely paid off before the end of the 0% (yay!), but still owe £1400 to Bank of Mum and Dad, however, they have said not to worry about it until after the wedding.

Front room still in the same position, decided to prioritise wedding savings first so that we know the money is secure. I know this is a DFW board, but I'm trying to cut down on things in order to save money, so feel free to point me to other boards if this is the wrong place :).

Decided on a savings goal of £10,000, currently have £2363.14 in the pot and aiming to get this to £3,000 by Christmas. Will post an SOA in January as waiting on an opportunity to re-negotiate broadband packages/internet etc.

Also, trying to reduce grocery spending and have more NSD's :D.
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Low spend day yesterday, £1.50 on parking at the local shopping centre to get some banking things done and other errands :).

Spent £40 at the shops, but that included £10 on birthday gifts. £186 to get through to 26th Dec (the end of the "month") although have food for this week. Hoping for a NSD tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure