Options
13»

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 May 2017 at 2:13PM
    Options
    If you fail to return the Reply Form within 14 days, CPFS will instruct police to visit your home or place of work to serve another citation on you personally.

One might reasonably expect a similarly prompt response from the CPFS?

14 days later and no reply to my request to be permitted to go on pre-booked holiday.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,034 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    One might reasonable expect a similarly prompt response from the CPFS?

14 days later and no reply to my request to be permitted to go on pre-booked holiday.

It's only been 10 working days since 17 April and today is a BH. Perhaps you received the letter before your post.
  • missile
    Options
    If you fail to return the Reply Form within 14 days, CPFS will instruct police to visit your home or place of work to serve another citation on you personally.

NOT ........... 14 working days plus extension for bank holidays <LOL>
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
  • missile
    Options
    I feel for you OP.
    The courts have no respect for anyone but themselves and work based on total arrogance. I hope they get their act together and you get away on your holiday.
    You are so right :A

28 days and still no response from CPFS. I phoned today:
    Me: Please advise if my request to be excused from attendance has been approved.

PFCS: We will not answer your request until after the case is reviewed on 31.05.2017.

Me: You demanded I respond to the citation within 14 days. Why can't you respond in a timely manner?

PCFS: That is the system and no we cannot confirm if you will be excused or not until after 31.05.2017.
    More fool me, for trying to be a good Samaritan and reporting a crime. I feel so frustrated. Next time, I will just walk on by :mad:
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was called to be a witness in a case that dragged on for a few years , the defendant had a habit of beeing sick on the court date , the last twice i was informed at the very last moment that it would have to be recheduled . Every time I was asked if i had any holiday booked over the following 6 months and to let them know the dates , there really isnt any problem if you let them know now while they are attempting to get a date that suits everyone
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • missile
    Options
    pelirocco wrote: »
    I was called to be a witness in a case that dragged on for a few years , the defendant had a habit of beeing sick on the court date , the last twice i was informed at the very last moment that it would have to be recheduled . Every time I was asked if i had any holiday booked over the following 6 months and to let them know the dates , there really isnt any problem if you let them know now while they are attempting to get a date that suits everyone

That is what friends have advised and I do hope you are correct.

It seems my experience is the norm and CPFS treat all witnesses with utter contempt.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,799 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks, please be advised:
    After the first trial date was cancelled, I did contact CPFS to advise them that I had a holiday booked. They ignored my communication and sent me the second citation.

Did people miss this? Perhaps OP you should give them a list of holidays planned for the next ten years. I bet they will still send it for a date you are on holiday.

I do think the solicitor should be fined for not turning up. It does show that THEY don't respect the court.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    badmemory wrote: »
    Did people miss this? Perhaps OP you should give them a list of holidays planned for the next ten years. I bet they will still send it for a date you are on holiday.

I do think the solicitor should be fined for not turning up. It does show that THEY don't respect the court.

But of course, solicitors can have extremely complex clients. I'm sure the court doesn't accept excuses from them.

It's this simple. Any holidays, check with the courts.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is what friends have advised and I do hope you are correct.

It seems my experience is the norm and CPFS treat all witnesses with utter contempt.

My experience is that they don't .
  • missile
    Options
    I am pleased to report, CPFS have advised I am no longer required to attend court as the case has been adjourned.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport