PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How is the London market?

Options

Comments

• Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Well it will be my 8th purchase ;)

I thought you were trying to sell a house?
  • jakson123
    Options
    What id the present situation of capital market of UK??
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I thought you were trying to sell a house?

Yes, selling my 7th. My next purchase will be my 8th.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    jakson123 wrote: »
    What id the present situation of capital market of UK??

Too vague a question, and this is thread is about London. Are you trying to build up your post count per chance...
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Zoopla is currently overvaluing my house by around 30%. My neighbour's house is on the market, priced at the higher figure, and it has remained unsold for a year now.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • principlecounts
    principlecounts Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 April 2017 at 7:57PM
    Options
    Zoopla automated figures are not worth the paper their written on. But you can go out of your way and correct them. Claim the property, and put in the valuations you've been getting from free evaluations from estate agents. It'll help to make Zoopla's figure more accurate and potential buyers looking at your property.
    Student loan: Cleared.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 May 2017 at 6:45AM
    Options
    Got a link to the flat?

I was going to show the link, but surprisingly the agent seems to have taken it down, even when you filter to include recently sold.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • ED2
    ED2 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I was looking for a house from summer last year, to 2 months ago. I was searching outer London mainly, also keeping an eye on the market inside of London.

I've seen it go up pretty much steadily during that time.
  • brit1234
    brit1234 Posts: 5,385 Forumite
    Options
    ED2 wrote: »
    I was looking for a house from summer last year, to 2 months ago. I was searching outer London mainly, also keeping an eye on the market inside of London.

I've seen it go up pretty much steadily during that time.

Yes the suburbs were rising last year but that changed this year if you look at selling prices. Transactions have also collapsed. The slump in central London has now spread to suburbs and south east.

Previous legislation on stamp duty, landlord tax, lending standards combined with BREXIT is now having an effect in increasing areas. We have new landlord lending standards coming in September on landlords with 4 properties or more and foreign ownership clam down which requires owners to be named on the land registry or forced to sell to reduce laundering.

Unless the government come up with another crazy help to buy scheme its down hill for house prices from here on.
    :exclamatiScams - Shared Equity, Shared Ownership, Newbuy, Firstbuy and Help to Buy.

Save our Savers
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    brit1234 wrote: »
    Yes the suburbs were rising last year but that changed this year if you look at selling prices. Transactions have also collapsed. The slump in central London has now spread to suburbs and south east.

Previous legislation on stamp duty, landlord tax, lending standards combined with BREXIT is now having an effect in increasing areas. We have new landlord lending standards coming in September on landlords with 4 properties or more and foreign ownership clam down which requires owners to be named on the land registry or forced to sell to reduce laundering.

Unless the government come up with another crazy help to buy scheme its down hill for house prices from here on.

Got any more detail on that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport