Have YOU managed to secure car finance?

Options
Quick question(s) people - feel free to not answer any of the more personal...

I want to hear from everyone with less than desireable credit - a default or 3 on file, CCJ(s), missed or late payments ECT.

I am sadly one of the sun prime customers and hoping to finance a vehicle end of the month. Aside from finding the right car, you need to be able to pay for it first right? So whilst thinking about finances, I'm just trying to get a grasp of the market and where my hopes (if any!) may lie.

Onto the questions....
So my fellow sub primers, have YOU managed to secure a vehicle on finance with a sub-par credit history??

What was the cost of the vehicle & did you put down a deposit?

Who was your lender?

How bad was your credit history?

What was your APR?

Any answers will be a HUGE help! Thanks a mill in advance!

Comments

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds spammy.
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    tykesi wrote: »
    Sounds spammy.

I remember a thread where the OP forgot to change accounts before spammily replying to his own thread.:rotfl:
  • BossKy
    BossKy Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Haha I promise you no spam here

I'm a writer and publisher so tend to be a little elaborate in my writing, my apologies.

:D
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Someone will almost certainly lend you but at a silly high APR if you have a bad history
  • BossKy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure someone will and I can imagine the apr will be ridiculous- just don't wanna go applying to any dealerships or lenders that are known to not accept sub prime. I want to go somewhere or to a lender that I am more likely to have luck and therefore not affecting my credit rating by a refusal ...

Also wanna be realistic as to how much I realistically might be elegible for...
  • MadMat
    MadMat Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm someone who fits what you're looking for. why do you want this info and what are you going to do with it ?
  • BossKy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just gives me a heads up as to who is likely to accept me and how much I can expect to fork out APR wise - the biggest fear factor for me is to apply to somewhere and get rejected - therefore lowering my chances of approval!

So I won't 'do' anything with the info, it's just helpful to know before I apply!
  • rtho782
    rtho782 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My credit history isn't awful but it isn't long.

I've had a mortgage for a year, my oldest credit card is about 2 years old. I am currently carrying about £4000 of non-mortgage debt, that said I have never missed a payment.

I've recently gotten finance (PCP) on a Nissan Leaf Tekna, brand new, the repayments are £199 a month, no deposit, over 2 years, the APR is 5.94%, the lender is RCI, who Nissan use for their finance.

Overall the repayments are cheaper for me than tax+fuel+MOT etc in my old car, and I can charge for free at work.

I don't have any defaults or missed payments, so perhaps I'm not as sub prime as you're looking for.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you have a CCJ and/or defaults, you are looking at 40% APR and a max loan of between £7k and £10k. You can also expect to pay a 20% deposit.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Isnt this thread the same as the other 1, basically asking the same info.

What the other thread not tell you ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport