Options
124»

Comments

• Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 April 2017 at 6:39AM
    Options
    Going back to your original post. This makes a good light moisturiser, and is a 3 in 1. I usually wear a serum, and/or another cream with it, but it can be used on its own. It's pricey, but I subscribe to beauty boxes, so have a couple of 20ml sizes.

http://www.thisworks.com/skincare/in-transit-camera-close-up.html#sthash.uul0DDvV.dpbs
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Missli wrote: »
    Going back to your original post. This makes a good light moisturiser, and is a 3 in 1. I usually wear a serum, and/or another cream with it, but it can be used on its own. It's pricey, but I subscribe to beauty boxes, so have a couple of 20ml sizes.

http://www.thisworks.com/skincare/in-transit-camera-close-up.html#sthash.uul0DDvV.dpbs

I'm intrigued! Does a little go a long way?

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm intrigued! Does a little go a long way?

HBS x

Yes it does. I didn't expect much, but it has a light texture and does make your skin look nice. Currently £22 at Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Works-Transit-Camera-Close-Up/dp/B00CG8E7U8
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • DBlenks90
    DBlenks90 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Eating healthy, sleeping well, exercising, and reducing stress have worked well for me. People usually think I'm 8-10 years younger than I actually am.

Yoga also works wonders on the body.
  • CoffeeAndTV
    Options
    I started exercising a few times a week and my skin looks so much more glowing and healthy- my cheeks always have a little bit of colour in them and I feel so much more confident with my general appearance! It doesn't have to be an expensive gym membership, just running after work or doing yoga using YouTube tutorials! :)

I also get my eyebrows threaded every 2 weeks (it's only £5) and I feel much more polished because of it!
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Eyebrow threading is definitely a yes for me :)

I exercise 5, maybe 6 times a week - gonna try running outside more though.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

#Bremainer
  • Starrystarrynight1
    Options
    I moved home late last year and have had to find a new hairstylist. I've worn my short hair the same for years and years, but she's finally bringing me out of that style and I'm growing it just a little, into a short bob. It feels like an image change for me in my mid 40s and, though I'm feeling a bit wobbly about it, I'm determined to see it through.

For those wanting sleeker hair, my new stylist also introduced me to a product which you might like to try. It's called Lisap Ultimate Straight Fluid 3. I bought mine at the salon, but I see that it's available on Amazon for a bit less. There's a complimentary shampoo available, too. I use a round brush to dry my hair as smooth as I can, then you 'set' it with your straighteners. Best product I've ever tried.

I like gel moisturisers, too. The cool and damp feeling they leave on my skin is lovely. I have 2 - Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel and Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb water-cream moisturiser.

I read that moisturisers with AHAs are recommended for my age group and upwards to help renew skin cells.

I intend to start having my eyebrows and lashes professionally tinted every couple of months as both seem to be getting sparser Hopefully that will help them stand out a bit more when I look in the mirror!

I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
  • tensandunits_2
    Options
    Mmm, wonderful thing to tell someone who struggles with disordered eating and metabolic issues. "Just lose some weight, it's not that hard."

I think you meant well, but now all I want to do is hide in a corner until I'm skinny enough to be worthy (in society's eyes) of nice hair and makeup.

I think if you re-read my post that's not what I said at all!

It wasn't clear from your OP that you have physical and mental health issues. I wish you well, and will bow out of this thread now. I don't want anything else I say to be misconstrued.
    It is not because things are difficult that we dare not venture
    It is because we dare not venture that they are difficult

SENECA
  • heartbreak_star
    heartbreak_star Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I think if you re-read my post that's not what I said at all!

It wasn't clear from your OP that you have physical and mental health issues. I wish you well, and will bow out of this thread now. I don't want anything else I say to be misconstrued.

I wasn't the first to reply to it, if I'm honest...and it's reasonably clear that you didn't read my OP properly in the first place to even say what you did!

Health issues shouldn't really matter in the context of what I asked though. Feel free to go, or feel free to stay - all is well :)

HBS x

#Bremainer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport