IVA is done!

Options
Coralee
Coralee Posts: 7 Forumite
edited 12 April 2017 at 8:01PM in IVA & DRO
So the day finally came 29th March our IVA finished! I believe they are in the process of sorting our file ready for completion it has to go through there insolvency firm first as Varden nuttal are in administration!
I was wandering when the IVA would drop off my credit score? It's not dropped off yet? I was told it would automatically drop off? Our clear score file is due update in 14 days? And our experian is due soon too! Do I need to do anything or not?
Any advice would be greatly recieved

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Six years it will show on your file in total, as will the associated defaults.

After that, gone forever.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Coralee
    Coralee Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Yes it's been six years but it hasn't dropped off yet? Was 6 years 29th March,
  • Cookie331977
    Options
    Hi first post on here, an IVA wont drop off your credit report in 6 years if you are still showing on the insolvency register. Check the register to see if you are still on there, i guess you could be if you haven't had your certificate of completion from your insolvency practitioner. You can be on the register upto 3 months post completion. I know this as my iva company never told the insolvency register that i had completed and i had to chase them to get my record updated. Hope this helps
  • Vikipollard
    Vikipollard Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Cookie's right - it won't drop off until you no longer show on the Insolvency Register.

For me, because my IP (Grant Thornton as was) took a ridiculous amount of time to issue the completion certificate (11 months), it showed on my credit files and the Insolvency Register for almost seven years. So although I'd finished my IVA in Sept 2012, it was Aug 2013 before I got my certificate.

The Insolvency Service were excellent though, in that I sent them a copy of the certificate and they removed the entry the next day after receipt.
    LBM July 2006. Debt free 01 Sept 12 .. :T
    Finally joined Slimming World: weight loss 33lbs...target achieved 51wks later 06.05.13 & still there :j
    Aim to be mortgage free in 2022. Jan 17 33250 Nov 17 27066 Mar 18 24498 Sep 18 20608 Nov 18 19250 Jan 19 17980 Mar 19 16455 May 19 15024 Nov 19 10488 Feb 20 8150 May 20 5783 Aug 20. 3305 Nov 20 859 Mortgage free, 02.12.2020
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Insolvency register usually updates very quickly.

If your details were shown on there for longer than nessesary then you must of been unlucky, as they are normally fairly quick at updating.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Lincsdebt
    Lincsdebt Posts: 97 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My IVA disappeared off the Insolvency Register exactly three months after the completion certificate was issued. It does say on there that it will be visible for three months after completion but mine went straight after that.
  • ontheup1972
    ontheup1972 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    My IVA was completed in 5 years however it took my IP (Freeman Jones) 11 and a half months to issue my completion certificate.

So within 1 month of receiving my completion certificate, my IVA dropped off my credit file, as that took me past the 6 years of starting the IVA.

I stayed on the insolvency register for exactly 3 months after the completion certificate - so my point here is that it is not necessary to come off the insolvency register before the IVA is removed from your credit file as some others have suggested.
  • chirpychick
    chirpychick Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ours ended in December, certificate issued and received in march and mine is still showing on equifax though nowhere else.
    Everything is always better after a cup of tea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport