Does anyone buy AIM shares?

Options
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone invests in AIM shares and would like to share?

I have been burnt in the past with the likes of SRES, Range Resources and Plus Markets.

But doing excellent with Sirius Exploration. Is there a resource people use to judge companies with high prospects?

thanks

Comments

• george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, I invest in AIM Shares. I use a variety of sources to try analyse their potential prospects etc.

- Annual reports and recent announcements
    - Financial forecasts
    - Director trades
    - Macro-economic climate
    - Broker/analyst reports

and many more.
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • cashbackproblems
    Options
    Do you have any tips of stocks your investing in?
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2017 at 11:05AM
    Options
    Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone invests in AIM shares and would like to share?

I have been burnt in the past with the likes of SRES, Range Resources and Plus Markets.

But doing excellent with Sirius Exploration. Is there a resource people use to judge companies with high prospects?

thanks
    I hold AIM shares and have been bitten more than once. They are higher risk due to their early nature stages generally and lower regulation of the listing.

WRT 'research.... As George says plus I also like to look at major investors, and whether they are buying/selling. Over the years I've also become aware of a number of major investors who have, how shall I say it.... different investing philosophies to myself and so I will avoid a share if these companies are involved (a holding or an financing agreement).

I've got some Sirus Minerals so would be interest to see if 'Sirius Exploration' is an off-shoot of the company ;)
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have any tips of stocks your investing in?
    tipping isn't allowed on this forum but.... I've sold my child to buy some more AMC (only kidding; we couldn't agree on a price).

EDIT: I know I've broken the rules. This share is still very high risk, there are lots of things that can still go awry and mean I end up with nothing (again).
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • cashbackproblems
    Options
    thanks yes I mean Sirius minerals (SXX)

Not looking for tips, just the kinds of stockings people are buying or selling so I can research further.
  • Fatbritabroad
    Options
    The only aim stock I had was my employers stock which I had via Saye and I bought some additional amounts. They don't exist any more but did really well out of those as their share price at the time didn't even represent the assets of the business. It when they first floated they were 4.00 a share and when I bought they were 52p so that's gives you an idea of the volatility.!
  • Sean473
    Sean473 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you are so interested in investing in AIM shares, probably best investing in an AIM fund.. Less likely to make losses etc too!
  • cashbackproblems
    Options
    Sean473 wrote: »
    If you are so interested in investing in AIM shares, probably best investing in an AIM fund.. Less likely to make losses etc too!

do you know any good ones?
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • pharmice
    pharmice Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    The volatility in the AIM market is akin to gambling. I lost a few grand a couple of years back in there, I avoid it like a plague right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure