delays in answering letters - DWP

Options
Can someone possibly tell me how long it should take for the DWP to reply to a letter?
Letter 1 - posted 17th December 2016.
Letter 2 - posted 4th January 2017
Letter 3 - posted 21st March 2017

All of the letters were delivered - as per Recorded Delivery confirmation. The letter dated 21st March 2017 was headed up in red ink - Complaint
I only communicate with government departments via the post - I then have a record of what has happened and said.

Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I only communicate with government departments via the post - I then have a record of what has happened and said.

But only if they reply :rotfl:

A cynic might suggest they consider your letters vexatious and have decided to ignore them
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can someone possibly tell me how long it should take for the DWP to reply to a letter?

I've a feeling it says somewhere on their website, 13 months, 13 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 13 seconds, but i could be wrong? :doh:

It's worth double checking? :think:

Alternatively, you could phone and enquire if a reply has already / previously, been posted?

Personally, that's what i would do if i'd been waiting almost 4 months for a reply to a letter.

hth

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    I've a feeling it says somewhere on their website, 13 months, 13 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 13 seconds, but i could be wrong? :doh:

It's worth double checking? :think:

Alternatively, you could phone and enquire if a reply has already / previously, been posted?

Personally, that's what i would do if i'd been waiting almost 4 months for a reply to a letter.

hth

f&w

That's the point I refuse to discuss anything with the likes of the DWP over the telephone - hence why I write letters.
    Past history with them has made it this way.

In the past when telephoning for advice and/or help what I was told was either complete rubbish or 'I will get someone to ring you back within the next 5 working days - which never happens.

Methinks that I do agree with you - time to get the MP on the case.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    But only if they reply :rotfl:

A cynic might suggest they consider your letters vexatious and have decided to ignore them

What a sensible reply.

What would you be doing if you were in my position? Using the telephone is out of the question.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Letter 1 - posted 17th December 2016.
    Letter 2 - posted 4th January 2017
    Letter 3 - posted 21st March 2017

All of the letters were delivered - as per Recorded Delivery confirmation. The letter dated 21st March 2017 was headed up in red ink - Complaint
    I think the answer you're looking for is "how long is a piece of string" I have no idea how anyone is supposed to answer that question....
  • Diddle_Boy
    Diddle_Boy Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Well they dealt with my complaint about Social Fund Debt within a month, and refunded me £347 that had been repaid back twice!
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Try a psychic!
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What a sensible reply.

What would you be doing if you were in my position? Using the telephone is out of the question.

I would be emailing them - on the general email address ?
    Try https://www.0345-numbers.uk/benefits/email-address-to-contact-dwp/ for your local DWP office head person
    damian.green.mp@parliament.uk is the DWP head honcho - if that fails
    try https://email.number10.gov.uk/
    if that fails
    https://www.royal.uk/contact
    if that fails
    try praying !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income