homelinen.co.uk

Ordered a bed throw, cushions and a sculpture from this shop in July 2007 to the value of around £180 with £10 postage on top. The credit card was charged straight away. The goods arrived a MONTH later! By the time the goods arrived, the credit card bill has been paid.

When the goods arrived I realised that they were not worth the money, some of the stitching was wonky etc. So I called them to tell them I was returning the goods to be advised that this would be at my cost, being £14 from Parcelforce!!! (so by this time I have paid £24 in postage for shopping with homelinen.co.uk) I was advised that a credit card refund would be made when the goods were received back at the shop. I told hem a credit card refund is not suitable since the bill has already been paid. They advised that they do not refund in any other way and that a manager would call me back, which never happened.

I sent them NUMEROUS emails and had no response whatsoever.

Eventually on 27th August I called them again and was advised a refund would be processed......its now the 28th of September and still no refund, more than two months since ordering the goods!

They now advise on their website that they are closed till the 7th of October!

This company has a nice website which gives an upmarket feel but my experience is that neither the goods, nor the customer service live up to the 'niceness' of their website.

They also have an ebay shop called tablehomelinen.

I have now raised a chargeback and letting the credit card company deal with it because I am at a loss as to how to get my money back.:mad:

I have wasted so much time and money with homelinen with no customer service at all, no replies to emails, no telephone calls, unfulfilled promises....

Is receiving 'no customer service' worse than receiving 'bad customer service'????.....if you shop with them, be aware!

Comments

• If you are returning good because they are all faulty it should be at their cost. Not all companies offer free returns but they do refund costs for faulty goods.

If you paid by credit card the normal procedure is to have a refund back to the card you paid with regardless of whether the statement has been paid - the timing is unfortunate but then you will have a credit on your account - will you never use the card again? Is there a way of getting the credit card company to issue you a cheque? This has never happened to me so I am interested to know what happens.
    Baby Milk Action is a non-profit organisation which aims to save lives and to end the avoidable suffering caused by inappropriate infant feeding.
  • According to mastercard, the money will be refunded back onto the card which will be fine. I kinda gave up hoping for a cheque a while ago. Really all I want is my money refunded and I'm really pleased that mastercard are taking it on board and dealing with it as I have been getting nowhere with the honelinen shop.

Homelinen also have 2 conflicting 'no quibble' guarantees on their site. One of them says 30 days and the other say's 14 days?!?! I'll be much more careful in future who I do my online shopping with and will stick to the big names :rolleyes:
  • tissir1
    tissir1 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Hi, i ordered from them on 15 of december,till now no good recieved!!
    i sent many emails with no replies,many calls and all the times they promise to call back,what they never did!!
    i sent them an email today,saying ill contact my bank and fill a complaint and i got a reply just few minutes later!!!!!!!!
    they say some items on my order not available and will be soon in stock within 2 weeks!
    i asked to cancel my order.i paid by mastercard credit card.
    a bad experience ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport