Research Request

Options
ThomasP
ThomasP Posts: 51 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
Hi all - I'm trying to pull together a list of great debt management firms to deal with for our adult college. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• DorisTrousers
    Options
    For DMP's you can look at Stepchange, National Debtline or The Debt Counsellors Charitable Trust. Payplan are not a charity but do provide free DMP's. Citizens Advice will help, but generally do not administer DMP's, leaving a lot of the work to the individual. Debt Support Trust can also provide free DMP's. All are worth considering.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    For DMP's you can look at Stepchange, National Debtline or The Debt Counsellors Charitable Trust. Payplan are not a charity but do provide free DMP's. Citizens Advice will help, but generally do not administer DMP's, leaving a lot of the work to the individual. Debt Support Trust can also provide free DMP's. All are worth considering.
    I believe Citizens Advice are about to start a project acting as a Debt Management Company. I'm not in favour of it but it looks like it will happen. There are 42 local Citizens Advice that will be acting as early adopters for the service. The DMS pilot starts in September.

Other organisations probably worth a mention are the Christian ones - Community Money Advice and Christians against Poverty.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ThomasP wrote: »
    Hi all - I'm trying to pull together a list of great debt management firms to deal with for our adult college. Anyone have any suggestions?

Avoid companies that charge excessive fees !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • ThomasP
    ThomasP Posts: 51 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow - genuinely didn't think anyone would reply! This is really helpful. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure