I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's a nice surprise just before Christmas!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi AC......great news about the refunds. Every little helps. :rotfl:

All is good here. I struggled a bit with the after effects of my vaccinations, and tbh I still feel rather drained but I’m ok.

Looking forward to the festive season and then of course setting sail on 7th January. I’m sure all that lovely sea air and several weeks of sunshine will work their magic and I shall soon be “fighting fit”.

When I come back I have big plans for 2018.......exciting times:D

AC. You have come a long way in a year and I’m sure that you will have inspired many of your readers.

Keep going......the best is get to come. Get strong and healthy, find a nice job and get out and about, meet new people and try a few new challenges.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous 2018.

It’s all yours, ready for the taking.....the worlds your lobster. :rotfl:
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hi gigervamp /LL :)

Glad you are ( almost) back on the mend LL . You’re prepared now for your trip in jan . You’ll have a great time . Look forward to hearing the stories on your return .

You’ve just pointed out to me what needs to be done next , and I aim to get started around end of jan . Not long really .
    Just been to the shops . I do know one thing for sure ..I need to try a smaller size pair of jeans ASAP .
    So far so good for everything really . 55 not out :rotfl:

Enjoy your Christmas and new year too :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    A couple of odd things happened yesterday .
    First thing was, I received a Christmas card..but it wasn’t signed by anyone . The postmark was from jubilee way post office, which is Hounslow . Maybe estate agents ??
    Second thing was, I received a text from the guy who sold me one of his custom made basses a few months back .
    He just sent a text wanting my email address . I sent it to him , as we did business via a guitar website . I obviously have his mobile no.

I then receive an email from a guy who I think has got me confused with someone else . It’s basically a Band thing ( or so it seems ).
    I’m on Facebook but only use it once or twice a year . He thinks I’ve bern sending him Facebook messages and that I keep changing my email address . Both are the opposite of what has been said .
    Anyway., I sent email into junk folder .

Other things : Small tile loose and corroded by toilet low by them floor . Inside bottom of door, left hand side is corroded already .
    I think what’s happened here , is that James has moved the sink/ toilet further back to the wall. This gives me more space of course, but seeing that it’s leaning directly to the outside wall it may have made things slightly damp . I have dehumidifier so it may take care of things . Also, the long wooden plinth under kitchen sink which holds the 2 doors is rapidly rotting away .
    Both of these jobs are which I will ask James to sort out early in new year if possible . If he can attend to those, I may ask him for a quote on new cupboards for kitchen anyway . Sales are on, and the rest of the kitchen has been done. Could work out cheaper and more cost efficient to get this done now rather than 4-5 years down the line.
    I’m not wanting to pay thousands of course and it’s only for a few cupboards and James time for labour etc.

Just been out for walk and got hair fairly wet ( what’s left of it ).
    Miserable weather.
    Gotta tidy up flat one more time . Including the music room ( not the gas room anymore :rotfl:)

Should be going to friends house for Christmas dinner tomorrow , and my happy meal .

Will probably start a new diary soon , as this one like the last one has many pages now . Probably too many for people too keep up.

Anyway, merry Christmas :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Oops!
    Forgot to mention : had a nice chat with Vodafone via the chat section of their app. Asked for reduced bill , and got £20 off next bill.
    Baring in mind that the broadband is £26 per month. I’m happy .
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Merry Christmas & a happy New Year to you AC, also to LL and all who dip in/out of this thread.

Good idea for a new diary, and don't forget the resolutions for 2018...
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, Merry Christmas AC and everyone else.
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Merry Christmas AC and to all on this thread and as we say up here in the north of Scotland a guid new year which means a healthy and wealthy new year.
    :beer:
  • another_casualty
    Options
    strange day . I opened my front door and noticed the main front door of the communal area wide open.It happens a few times and I'm not happy about it. I went and closed it . All well and good but my front door closed behind me . Unfortunately for meI Was locked out of my flat..with no trousers on !!

So, I asked the Sri Lankan neighbours upstairs for a screwdriver or knife to see if I can open the lock. Got some strange looks from the children and woman. The man was at work I assume.No good so eventually they managed to get me a number of a taxi firm.
    Taxi duly arrived in about 5 or 6 mins and Got it to my friend who thankfully was in and gave me my spare set of keys .

My neighbour got locked out herself previously she said.
    Somehow I don't think she got into the mess Idid .:rotfl::rotfl:

Hopefully they will take the hint and shut the bloomin' door !
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport