I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Strange day today .
    Last night I plugged dehumidifier on in the hallway . I fell asleep and woke up just before it clicked itself off for a while (4.45 am)
    No problem . I like the look of it and it’s seems very easy to use and understand .

Woke up groggy around 7.15 . Got up. Felt rough .
    Had a chap come over to deliver a very hard to find stool with storage that looks like a fender amp . Got it off Ebay . around 945.He was early . Very nice guy He had his mum in the car , but could’ve stayed ages . He left her out there about 10mins or so. I did offer tea etc

So went back to bed . Never got any rest but tried to reconfigure myself as normal as possible .

Still got trouble with Wi-fi . Phone line is ok. I spent a couple of hours on and off on the various boards here asking about placement of dehumidifier and Wi-fi . Good New is I can use the dehumidifier in the boiler room after all, so I will plug it in there later on .

Bedroom finished apart from 2 crates that need emptying . Boiler room needs to be tidied up then it will become the music room :)

Must go out first :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    So, I received some good news regarding plevin . It was regarding the ppi I was refused by Mbna . Cutting through the confusing jargon I’m gonna receive £1,230.75 before tax. So minus £130.31=£1100.44
    Apparently I can ge a refund from Hmrc as I am unemployed .although I haven’t signed on as such.

Wi-fi okay at the moment . I’m expecting a call from Vodafone anytime now . I’m transferring all my stuff from my old Mac mini onto my new iMac via Wi-fi 80% done so I’m hoping it holds out .
    Hallway full of stuff temporarily . Gotta find a place to put it all .
    More of a task Han first thought .
    Looks like next week when everything is well and truly put away.

Gonna put dehumidifier in the boiler room ..probably tomorrow . Maybe tonight .Gotra download a recording programme called reason for the iMac. That’ll take time also . Should be ready to start strumming and recording weird noises at the weekend .
  • Worrierwalker
    Options
    How did your weekend go AC? Hope you enjoyed your music making !
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hello again WW :) hope you are well.
    Weekend fine . Birthday Friday in Bournemouth was good .
    My friend set up this application called reason . Stacks of stuff to learn
    What was confusing , was when I transferred all my stuff over from Mac mini , I also transferred old version of safari which was blocking and preventing things. Friend sorted it out .

Wi-fi working fine today after Vodafone escalated the problem to tech team .

So far so good :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Broadband working much better, but went out of service for only a couple of mins this morning . I’ll see what Vodafone say when they call, probably tomorrow .

Yesterday was my first session in the gym for a week. I told my p t yesterday . He said not to worry too much as in my condition I should not worry too much . On Friday I found one coat that fits me . Just put it into the dry cleaners up the road . The dry cleaning lady was a little excitable and wondering if the coat is actually made for dry cleaning . When she found the label a huge sigh of relief all round .
    She says collect Friday afternoon . I hope it’s ready then , as I could do with it in brockenhurst . Another coat which is virtually brand new and a year old is still too tight around the chest area unfortunately .
    I’m gonna keep,it as if I lose enough weight it should eventually be an easier fit .
    I found a cotton sweater that actually fits way better than expected . Nice surprise .

I bought a cheap bird feeder in ROBERT dyass. It is a bit deceptive .
    I thought it would be fairly tall or adjustable . In fact it comes around the length of my shins/ ankles. I haven’t seen any birds there yet , though about an hour ago I saw a lovely black cat which belongs to the next block . Never been outside my window before .It’s tricky as to what type of feeder to get as it’s for in front of my window that loooks on to the main road .

Glad I’m not living back in Twickenham still . Waterloo has been unable to offer any rail service . I was potentially be going to see a band in Kentish Town with a friend tonight . I half suggested it a few weeks back but enthusiasm petered out . Just as well as it would have been a nightmare plus too cold :)
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can get bird feeders that stick on the window. If you do a search for 'stick on window bird feeder' there are a few options in different designs that come up. Looks like ebay have them for only £3 something, but there were a range of suppliers and prices.

Having one on the window would keep it out of the way of that cat too.

BTW, do you like Laibach? There was a Storyville programme on BBC4 the other night about them, when they played in North Korea. It was quite interesting.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Gigervamp wrote: »
    You can get bird feeders that stick on the window. If you do a search for 'stick on window bird feeder' there are a few options in different designs that come up. Looks like ebay have them for only £3 something, but there were a range of suppliers and prices.

Having one on the window would keep it out of the way of that cat too.

BTW, do you like Laibach? There was a Storyville programme on BBC4 the other night about them, when they played in North Korea. It was quite interesting.

Hi gigervamp :)

Thanks for that . Will look into that .
    Laibach. I will look the bbc iPlayer to see if it’s on there. I have a couple of 12”singles . Sympathy for the devil . Life is life . Another one I forgot about . Saw them in the early ‘90s at the Astoria . Trouble is , they mimed . Yes really . We left after 3 songs
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh, that's not good! The gig they did in N.Korea was odd, and must have been really strange to them (the band as well as the audience). All the people were sitting quietly, only saw one or two nodding their head, and of course, there was no mosh pit.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    So, had a tidy up last night. Took me a while to sleep , but did eventually . Engineer has been and ( hopefully) fixed fault in broadband. I had to phone Vodafone and give update as requested.
    The engineer put a new master socket replacing the old. He said to monitor it for a week and if there is no change in a week then problem is solved.

Doesn’t look like birds touched their dry mealworms yesterday .
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hi another casualty. It is all looking good for you :)
    May I ask? What dehumidifer did you buy in the end as I need one...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills