HWS Precision stock market analysis software

Options

Comments

• ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Even with the most open-minded of open minds, a weak moment is not a good basis on which to pursue something that could involve money going down the gurgler.
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    windows500 wrote: »
    can anyone give me any information about HWS
    If the fact they created a fake finance forum to give themselves fake glowing reviews in isn't enough to make alarm bells ring in your head you should immediately hand over all control of your finances to your family pet.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    If the fact they created a fake finance forum to give themselves fake glowing reviews in isn't enough to make alarm bells ring in your head you should immediately hand over all control of your finances to your family pet.

Its been done before:cool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16677743
  • Plus
    Plus Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 April 2017 at 2:08AM
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »
    Googling HWS Precision gives two relevant results. One is a fake forum thread full of fake positive comments about the software. If you click on the link to the wider "forum", you will find that all the threads not relating to HWS Precision have been stolen from forums.moneysavingexpert.com.

There's at least 9 fake forums. Try
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22HWS+Market+Precision%22+%22BB+code%22

The threads aren't just stolen from MSE, there are some US and Australian ones as well.

There's also a reviews site:
    http://thebusinessfactor.com/review/hws-market-precision-system/
    that happens to look very similar to a US site viphomebusiness.com, just with an extra entry added:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wgls6Tv_ht8J:viphomebusiness.com/review/anytime-fitness/
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brochure received today after a polite phone call but it's just marketing guff with no meaningful financial substance.

Covering letter shows no details of Company registration or FCA licensing etc. etc.

A potential scam in my view but the brochure, which cost them £1.25 in stamps, will give me some warmth on the wood burner!
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • Savemelots
    Savemelots Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2017 at 12:41PM
    Options
    I too received a glossy brochure from HWS and had a phone call to tell me about this wonderful product.

They wanted £9900 but the special deal was you ONLY had to pay £4950 up front and the balance of £4950 due after 2 years and only if you had made the promised £30K profit.

The brochure and website provide no information about being a registered company or being VAT registered. I asked are they regulated by Financial Services or anyone and the answer was no as they don't handle any money you might invest. So it sounds safe except that they have taken nearly £5k of your money.

Surely if this is illegal it should be reported to the Police? They provide bank details for payment which is HSBC Sort code: 40-02-08 Account number: 51637983. Can you ask HSBC if they know they are being used?

After the first call they arranged a second call to give me a demo, I got the number they called as 02035001464. I did not answer. The name used was Simon King, Account Manager and the letter named Jake Simons as Chief Executive Officer.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Savemelots wrote: »
    Surely if this is illegal it should be reported to the Police?
    Who said anything about it being illegal?

Not seeking to defend them in any way but, just to play devil's advocate, there's a big difference between risky investment companies with marketing that's slick enough to catch out the gullible and unwary, and actually breaking any laws, especially when you usually find that the small print contains all the necessary caveats and warnings for those who can be bothered to find and comprehend it....
  • Gambler101
    Gambler101 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    This is one to avoid, like ANY marketing that comes unsolicited.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Savemelots wrote: »
    They wanted £9900 but the special deal was you ONLY had to pay £4950 up front and the balance of £4950 due after 2 years and only if you had made the promised £30K profit.

Wow!! You can't lose!!! More than £4,950.

Plus whatever you blow on trading.
  • GarfieldP
    Options
    Hello,
    I've read the comments about this potentially being a scam but I wanted to hear from somebody who has actually bought this software to find out their experience of using it, particularly whether the actual performance matches the company's claims and if they regard it as value for money.
    Garfield P
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport