Barclaycard

Options
As I've got a card nearing the end of it's 0% period I have checked both MSE and Moneysupermarket for eligibility for an all-rounder 0% card and have been given a 9.5/10 chance of approval for a Platinum Barclaycard.

I have already got a Barclaycard (with a £0 balance) so my question is:

Have Barclaycard considered this and will then reject me as I already have one of their products?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can have more than one.
  • Money_Rollercoaster
    Options
    Barclaycard won't allow you to balance transfer from one Barclaycard, so if you're going to keep two cards long term, it's generally better that they are from different providers, giving you some scope to shift balances around.
    174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • steevio_uk
    steevio_uk Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 April 2017 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Barclaycard won't allow you to balance transfer from one Barclaycard, so if you're going to keep two cards long term, it's generally better that they are from different providers, giving you some scope to shift balances around.

He may also have the opportunity to move his existing limit to his new card, on the new deal, which means you should have all the available credit from both cards on the new offer.

I checked with Barclaycard myself, as I am in the process of doing the same and they confirmed that it can be done. You need to obtain the new card first, then they can look into doing it.
    Gave no guarantees however.

In regards to Barclaycard, I made an application online and during the process it asked me to create an online account for the card (though I already have one). The decision was referred and am due to hear back by post in the next few days.
    I now see that I can 'log in' with this account, or at least get through to the 'memorable word' stage suggesting that my username and password I created is seen as valid, though I had a daft moment and never wrote this memorable word down. D'oh.

Anyway, could it be considered a good sign that my card application may have been accepted, that the login has been created perhaps?

It's not the be all and end all, just a little potential piece of mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure