Problem with onlineopticiansuk.com???

I ordered a reglazing of my glasses from onlineopticiansuk.com about 2 weeks ago. I called them a couple of times beforehand and there was ALWAYS an answerphone, but at least someone called back quite quick.
When I ordered the money was taken off the credit via PayPal immediately and I received an automated email.... And that was it for now. No further email, letter or instructions on how to get my glasses to them, NO calls returned AT ALL and no reply to emails. Is this onlineopticiansuk.com's normal practice???

I am seriously thinking about canceling and asking the credit card company for a charge back.

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Never heard of them until your post, would rather take my frames straight to a lab for reglazing.
  • SpeccyFourEyes
    SpeccyFourEyes Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 May 2017 at 1:01AM
    I need a pair of glasses reglazing and was thinking of sending them there. I'd be interested to know how you got on.

A quick look on TrustPilot eases my concerns as their reviews seem good although the most recent one is a concern.
  • nedmundo
    nedmundo Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds well dodgy to me - no confirmation is highly unprofessional and would make me suspect a scam. I think I would bail out if I were in your shoes.
    Beware the character seeking personal gain masquerading as a moral crusader.
    :beer:
  • Gazdok
    Gazdok Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I got my money back. The payment is through PayPal even though I chose credit card, so a claim with PayPal got things going. I received an email from Onlineopticians after the reimbursement saying that a manager would get in touch, but I never received any call or email.
    I know that Trust pilot has lots of good reviews and then some really negative ones like mine. I am not sure how a company can be so black and white.
  • Thanks, I might give it a swerve then.

Can anyone recommend where to get a reglaze done?
  • I've ordered some glasses, i've had or heard nothing for over a week.
    They don't answer the phone or respond to emails.
    I found this thread after googling them and worried if my glasses are ever going to turn up.

I'm not impressed so far.
  • Ash016
    Ash016 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 August 2017 at 1:26PM
    Similar problem: no reply to emails, messages left and phone number always engaged .Ordered glasses took a month arrive . And problem; everything look weird and appeared to be moving with these glasses . Local optician checked glasses and prescription. Prescription OK and correctly made to prescription. The problem: incorrect PD . Total lack of response from this Company. Paid with card so contacted bank but told little they could do as I've no written evidence , just my word . Local optician not willing to get involved + evidently not a fan of online opticians . Like frames so haven't decided whether to cut losses and just get new lens. On the other hand once they've got your credit card details there seems little incentive to sort out problems.
  • My order never materialised so I asked for a refund. I never got one.
    I got in touch with trading standards, I wasn't the first, it seems they were building a case so I would advise others who they are failing to do the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure