IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from ES Parking Enforcement

Options
1235»

Comments

• northernt01
    Options
    UPDATE:

I went to court this morning and my case was not listed so i confirmed this was the case with the usher. ES parking discontinued the case 2 days ago which will be at the same time they received my skeleton argument. there was another claim listed for ES parking on the board so obviously my defence, WS and SA trumped them :)

My question now is, can i write to the court to claim my costs?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm no expert on this side of things, but I'm sure that you can now apply for costs.

To discontinue so late and not inform you must surely count as 'unreasonable', in which case you might be able to go for the jugular. But I'd wait on advice from someone like Johnersh, LoC123 or Coupon-mad to help you think this part through.

Have a look at a LoC123 cost schedule in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 and do a search on poster 'Sassii' who had £1,500 in costs awarded to her.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • northernt01
    northernt01 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I'm no expert on this side of things, but I'm sure that you can now apply for costs.

To discontinue so late and not inform you must surely count as 'unreasonable', in which case you might be able to go for the jugular. But I'd wait on advice from someone like Johnersh, LoC123 or Coupon-mad to help you think this part through.

Have a look at a LoC123 cost schedule in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 and do a search on poster 'Sassii' who had £1,500 in costs awarded to her.

Thanks Umkomaas, i have had a look at the cost schedules relating to situations whereby the claimant discontinues as you've mentioned above.

I haven't received a notice of discontinuance by the claimant even though the Practice Directions state all parties should be served it, i'm guessing they rarely actually send this to the defendant? I was thinking it might arrive today but haven't had anything through in the post

I will await any response from the above mentioned as to how i should approach this now.

I don't think i can let them get away with leaving it at this and i am inclined to pursue the costs :)
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    UPDATE:

I went to court this morning and my case was not listed so i confirmed this was the case with the usher. ES parking discontinued the case 2 days ago which will be at the same time they received my skeleton argument. there was another claim listed for ES parking on the board so obviously my defence, WS and SA trumped them :)

My question now is, can i write to the court to claim my costs?

Good to hear :T but what a waste of time for you and costs
    are deserved.

These vermin parking companies and their junked
    up legals are so ignorant
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Should have asked for 5 minutes with the Judge and asked for costs on the spot.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • northernt01
    northernt01 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Should have asked for 5 minutes with the Judge and asked for costs on the spot.

Thanks Coupon-mad. i did think after leaving that i should have done that! The usher was pretty useless in the situation as i did ask about being able to claim my costs.

so i'm right in assuming this is the end of it and they can't re-open the claim at any point?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes - you have won!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Shrub28
    Options
    I'm sorry if I'm being a real thicko but where to I find the newbies thread?
    I've just had a court summons from gladstones on behalf of es and I really panicking. £260 do far. I am so overwhelmed by suggestions and legal speel.
    I'd so appreciate a point in the right direction
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport