Flat roof bungalow-New roof

I've been given a ballpark figure of £25k for a new Single Ply Flat Roof on a 3-bed bungalow of approx 155m2. Flabbergasted to say the least. I've been advised to avoid going down the mineral felt route (currently on the roof) as it has a lifetime of approx 15 years. Does this sound like a fair quote?

Comments

• docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    No that's quite steep. Say on a roof that size you'll want to be paying about 100 a square metre. It will probably include raising the whole deck with new Fascias and soffits as the amount of insulation you have to put in for the building regs raises the roof about a foot.

Personally I don't like single ply Epdm any more. You can't go wrong with a high quality 2 layer felt system fitted by a professional which will easily give you a minimum 20 years.
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Subject to Planning and the construction of your bungalow, but the eco, sustainable, long term answer is a proper roof. Your flat roof quote will include scaffold, stripping off the old roof, new insulation and all labour costs. Why not add allow, or negotiate for roof trusses and tiles?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure