IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Complicated, advice please

Options
1235»

Comments

• Craig_Maddocks
    Options
    This also wont go to court, Unfortunately. We will be paying it before it gets to that stage.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This also wont go to court, Unfortunately. We will be paying it before it gets to that stage.

Never say never, but Spring are hardly Premiership material on the litigation front, and with such a shaky ground case they have here, I don't think they'll be rushing to meet any judge soon.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Spring_Parking.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    The permit wasn't fit for purpose, that's a point to use against the school to pressurise them to get it cancelled (not that you sound like you need to pressurise them if the permit person is trying to get it cancelled anyway).

I'm fed up of people being given flimsy bits of paper which easily blow off the dashboard, or are easy to mislay, and then they are charged £100 plus for the failure by the landowner/PPC to provide a fit for purpose permit. Also, no system for the PPC to double check number plates or anything like that - the landowner (school) should have a list of number plates so that when it transpires that the recipient of the pcn is a permit holder the PPC can simply cancel the ticket.

Until landowners feel the pain they are going to carry on ignoring issues like these.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Craig_Maddocks
    Options
    It's been cancelled!! Yaaaay.
    Thanks for you help guys.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's been cancelled!! Yaaaay.
    Thanks for you help guys.

Good result - but can you guess as to the reason(s) they came to for cancelling? Any particular button you pressed that tipped the scales?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Craig_Maddocks
    Options
    Because it was originally cancelled. The employee at Spring Parking luckily remembered my partners colleague and agreed to cancel it again. It was originally cancelled because the reasons were very weak.She had a permit but it was not fit for purpose (Paper which blew off the dash)
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Great.
    A point I hadn't raised was estoppel - if the PPC originally agreed to cancel, then reneged on that, then they should be "estopped" from proceeding - it's an old equitable remedy. I didn't raise it because you said your partner wouldn't want to defend and would pay up - but I'm mentioning it now in case someone else is reading this thread.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure