Unpaid for survey

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
5 replies 2K views
RolyanRolyan Forumite
53 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
I recently completed an online survey for a well known company. It took several hours per day for a week. Despite completing it a month ago they have still not paid. I have contacted the survey company and parent company direct by email and by phone, yet still no joy. I spoke to them last Monday and they said they would get back to me. Same conversation again today.

They will not explain what the delay is, or give any reasons. They simply ask me to hang on and they will get back to me, but then don't.

I just wondered what the legal position is on this, and how long to give it before taking it further (not really sure how to take it further to be honest).

I expected better from this company, but enough is enough. Any help or advice would be most appreciated. This isn't a few pounds to ignore, it's in excess of £50.

Replies

• Without know the company its difficult to comment on what is the usual timescale for payments is, but most that I have done longer studies for (panelbase, valued opinions, opinion outpost) tend to work on about 8 weeks from close of study to payment being made. I would give it a it longer yet before attempting to escalate it.
  • frenchfancy89frenchfancy89 Forumite
    163 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    Was it an online focus group? As i recently completed a focus group and (my fault) couldn't remember who the company was as i've signed up for a few focus groups and I had to email the person who invited me to the online focus group and she said it was through Research Now that she got my details so who knows who this is with as the only thing I can relate it to is research opinions and when i log in there it's just my profile that shows up.
    Winnings 2017 - adventure outdoors book, £25 cheque, Aden & Anais muslins, Dinner at La Bonne Auberge, £5.70 TCB
    Wish List - Mobile Phone, TV, Laptop, Family Holiday, ££££, Weekend Getaway :starmod:

• culpepperculpepper Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give it longer. A month is not that bad. Sometimes companies have to wait for the date when they can send out payments (as with any company) and may only pay out at end of month or whatever (which could easily be the month following the one in which you took the complete survey).
  • RolyanRolyan Forumite
    53 Posts
    Thanks for the comments.

I don't mind waiting, if they explain. However, in this instance they told me a month ago that they would pay within days. Then when I contacted them, they insisted that I had been paid. Then they agreed that I hadn't. Then they said there was a problem but wouldn't say what it was. They also failed to get back to me. So all of that was the issue, not the delay itself.

However, I received a message last night that suggests they have sorted it and will be in touch today. Let's see what happens. But so far, it's extremely poor customer service.
  • RolyanRolyan Forumite
    53 Posts
    Well, I finally managed to arrange payment. The only disappointment is that after taking my banking details, they rang me back to say they were sending me a cheque instead.

So overdue and really inconvenient. The payment is looking less value by the minute. I think I'll seek out another survey company!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals