• IWILLgetthere
    IWILLgetthere Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 10 October 2017 at 9:22AM
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

What do you think they’ll say ?

Absolutely nothing is what they’ll say, cause they don’t care too hoots, they still get paid something no matter what, some will reply, some won’t, don’t let it worry you, just do what you have to do to carry on, everything will fall into line.

I’ve posted this so many times I repeat it in my sleep, it’s all part of the game, well done for admitting you have a problem and dealing with it!!

Thank you Sourcrates and sorry to make you have to repeat yourself! It's just that as I've always somehow made my payments (all be it late and by the skin of my teeth usually) I'm in unknown territory and it's scary :eek:
    I had an e-mail from my biggest creditor Likely Loans (Oakbrook finance) who I owe just under £5000 to, it was a bog standard 'your account is not up to date' letter advising me if I have financial difficulties to contact CAB,SC etc - do I need to write to them again or just make my DMP payment at the end of the month?
    Apologies if I'm asking dumb questions !

p.s. What I think they will say is ... we're taking you to court!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you Sourcrates and sorry to make you have to repeat yourself! It's just that as I've always somehow made my payments (all be it late and by the skin of my teeth usually) I'm in unknown territory and it's scary :eek:
    I had an e-mail from my biggest creditor Likely Loans (Oakbrook finance) who I owe just under £5000 to, it was a bog standard 'your account is not up to date' letter advising me if I have financial difficulties to contact CAB,SC etc - do I need to write to them again or just make my DMP payment at the end of the month?
    Apologies if I'm asking dumb questions !

p.s. What I think they will say is ... we're taking you to court!

As long as you have a repayment plan for them, court action is futile.

There is no benefit to the creditor as your already paying what your budget says you can pay.

If you’ve written to your creditors already it will take time to filter down, you will still receive standard computer generated letters saying your payments are behind, these are triggered automatically and won’t take your DMP into account.

Yea I know what it’s like to be in your position, been there got the tee shirt, best advice I can give you is just to get on with it and don’t worry about any single part of it, it’s really not worth the stress of worry, most of the fear of the unknown will quickly disappear once you realise you are not the only one, and the system is well geared up to deal with your situation.

Just don’t jump at every letter you get, as most will be utter rubbish and won’t take your individual circumstances into account.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • IWILLgetthere
    Options
    :) Thank you so much Sourcrates
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2017 at 7:51AM
    Options
    Hi all, it's good to join and introduce myself here. After putting it off for years we've decided to go for a DMP, we've gone through the application with Stepchange but our income is a bit difficult to prove because I'm self employed and on a zero hours contract in a second job and DH has bonuses and self employed for second income.

After looking at the NEDCAB site we are going to use their process today but I'm not sure whether we should do one each or separately? When they make the letters etc will they all be in my name? It doesn't seem to offer the ability to do it as a couple unless I'm missing something (very likely!).

Thanks in advance!
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • SpagBol
    Options
    Looking at my signature, we did so well in 2012 and after that but then it got so much worse again! :eek:
  • SpagBol
    Options
    Ah actually it's just asked for his name so I think it'll be ok. Apologies for gabbling on...:D
  • DancingUnicorn
    Options
    Hi all, just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I was paying token payments from October 16 - April 17 of just £1 to each creditor.
    In April I moved to a DMP - most of my creditors just accepted this straight away, but for some reason Halifax kept sending me letters saying they did not accept my payment of £5 per month (their allocation) and I should continue to pay £1.

So IGNORE all the letters they send and just keep paying - they're just automatically generated.

This is the first month they haven't sent me the letter.

Keep going everyone - you're all doing a wonderful job. :beer:
    LBM: October 2016: £20,130 / Current: May 2019: £12,576 37.53%
    DFD: [STRIKE]February 2024[/STRIKE] April 2022?
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 14 October 2017 at 10:06AM
    Options
    Hi all

This morning I’ve received letters about our Halifax loans. They inform us that our loans are now being managed by Westcott on their behalf. The loans as far as I know haven’t been defaulted and I’m not sure if they will add interest and charges now. Hopefully this is a good thing that Wescott are dealing with it. This is all new territory to me and wondered what the process is now.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Just_Afloat
    Options
    Motivated, I had a sainsburys loan (managed by Halifax) and another loan directly with Halifax, both these defaulted early into DMP, I think because all the interest was front loaded onto the loan, ie the sainsburys loan was for about 16K but with interest it showed they had loaned me 19K. This means I have, or will, be paying for the loan amount and interest while on my DMP, but the payment term is extended by length of DMP, I hope that makes sense?
    If your loans where front end loaded like mine then I don't think they will add more interest.
    LBM August 2015 70K 9 Creditors
    Current Status 43K 8 Creditors
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi all

This morning I’ve received letters about our Halifax loans. They inform us that our loans are now being managed by Westcott on their behalf. The loans as far as I know haven’t been defaulted and I’m not sure if they will add interest and charges now. Hopefully this is a good thing that Wescott are dealing with it. This is all new territory to me and wondered what the process is now.
    M

Motivated,

Halifax are still the organ grinders here, Wescott are just the Monkeys, they just deal with taking your payments as Halifax cant be bothered too.

You need to clarify the debts status with Halifax, if not defaulted, ask them to do so.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure