DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The lloyds one also says they may get a DCA to collect. Please say they won't come to my house :(

Rebecca just keep in mind why they send these letters, they are specifically worded to get you to contact them, I've had hundreds back in the day, they mean nothing, all that will happen is your debt will be passed to a DCA.

They will then phone and write to you, home visits are rare, some companies still use self employed collectors, like the blokes who used to come and collect pools money, you don't need to speak to them, either ignore or film them and ask them to leave, they can't do anything, there just normal folk like you and me.

It's defaults your after right ?

Sometimes companies don't default, do you have a plan yet to tackle your debts ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    You can do it that way if you wish.

All I did was the above, and they sent me a list of charges I had paid, which I successfully reclamed from them.

Try the free way first, if they don't play ball, send the SAR.

Thanks, sourcrates, I'll do as you advise:beer:. If it worked for you that's good enough for me. Will probably save me £10 as well:j
  • Rebeccadougherty
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you for the advice. Sourcrates, I don't have a plan other than just trying to pay the damn thing off ugh wish I didn't get into this mess :( what sort of plan should I have? I'm so bad at this :( thanks again
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you for the advice. Sourcrates, I don't have a plan other than just trying to pay the damn thing off ugh wish I didn't get into this mess :( what sort of plan should I have? I'm so bad at this :( thanks again

I thought I recall reading that you were in a DMP with StepChange, yes? But you were reducing payments so that you could build up an emergency fund (or you had some bills to pay) - I may be wrong of course; this thread moves along so quickly I sometimes mix people up.

What we all push for are 'defaults' and most find it much easier dealing with DCAs rather than the original creditor. For one, they tend to stop all interest and charges (if the OC hasn't already) and are more willing to accept reduced full and final settlements when the time is right.

Don't sweat about people knocking on your door - it's highly unlikely. When you find out who the DCAs are -then pop back on as I'm sure the names will be familiar and people can give you advice about their experiences with them. My DCAs are/were Cabot, Westcott, LINK and PRA - all very easy to deal with.
  • Leanneglos1
    Options
    Out of curiosity how long have people left it until the offer F&F, long way down the line for me but just nice to know, trying to look to the future:)
  • Rebeccadougherty
    Options
    Hi SuseKa97 :3

Yes you're correct :) I didn't know if there was anything else I should be doing, as all I'm doing is paying Stepchange and trying to save. I've just made my third reduced payment. I didn't know if Sourcrates meant do I have any other plan. Stepchange said I couldn't do any more that 3 reduced payments although I really wanted to do 5. Emergency fund is still too low, always seem to be new things cropping up to pay for :( latest thing is a massive leak in the house which is gonna be expensive to fix, and my boyfriend and I, who I haven't told about the debts yet, are moving house at some point so I'm worried about not finding a josh straight away as we are moving to Northampton. I'm starting to feel really low about the whole DMP :(
  • Rebeccadougherty
    Options
    Job not josh!
  • Bewildered_Banshee
    Options
    Hi
    Not of a wobble!!
    Just started my dmp with step change so letters have just gone to creditors. I've had 3 calls today from Tesco bank one of which was to work! I've now spoken to them and withdrawn my acceptance of telephone calls.
    Tonight Nationwide have rang OH re setting up a direct debit on his c.c (he isn't in my dmp) is this coincidence or are they trying to check him out.
    He knows all about it and it is my debt so feeling quite !!!!!! about the impact it has on him.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi all

We have now received 2 default notices from MBNA for 2 CCs. Things seem to be moving along a bit now. We have until the 23rd to pay up or else a default will be issued.

That will mean 4 down 2 to go :D
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi all

We have now received 2 default notices from MBNA for 2 CCs. Things seem to be moving along a bit now. We have until the 23rd to pay up or else a default will be issued.

That will mean 4 down 2 to go :D
    M

It will be interesting to see what they do after the default.

We also had 2 MBNA cards recently defaulted but they have said that the accounts will remain with their "support" team due to my wife's medical situation, rather than being sold to a DCA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure