DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just felt the need to update my situation. I've been struggling mentally for a few months and have decided to ask SC to support us again :o. I was so upbeat about going it alone but it has taken up nearly all of my mental energy I've wondered if it is worth making myself poorly because of it. Ive not had anything bad from creditors I just think it's the 2 big loans I have with Halifax that have scared the life out of me for some reason. I convinced myself that they were going to take me to court etc and I wouldn't have the strength to face it.

I think I jumped the gun a bit and was sure I could do it but here I am very :o but relieved that in the words of Elton John "I'm still standing" sorry couldn't resist. At least this way I will have an end goal to aim for, I think it was the uncertainty of where the finish line was that threw me too.

Anyway well done to all who are tackling your creditors and making progress. However you are doing it I will be around as I need some light reassurance at the moment.

Just to add that SC were fantastic with me and are a Godsend :A
    M

Hi Motivated, good to see you back on the forum again.:):)
    You've answered a question I was about to ask, if you go self managed can you go back to SC if it does not work out.
    I thought it may have been a one way ticket, but as you say they were ok to help out again.

Thank you
    K
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    kram wrote: »
    Hi Motivated, good to see you back on the forum again.:):)
    You've answered a question I was about to ask, if you go self managed can you go back to SC if it does not work out.
    I thought it may have been a one way ticket, but as you say they were ok to help out again.

Thank you
    K

Hi Kram

SC were more than nice and they still did not judge me. I was totally honest with them and all is set up ready to go again. Just a quick check of budget and that was it
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • kram
    Options
    Hi Kram

SC were more than nice and they still did not judge me. I was totally honest with them and all is set up ready to go again. Just a quick check of budget and that was it
    M

How does it work out with SC if you have sent out cca's, I can't remember if you had done this.

K
  • motivated
    Options
    Kram I'd done it all :o. But I explained all this to SC and just said they will get back on it. To be honest my creditors probably won't be surprised and hopefully will be grateful for regular payments being made now. I hope.

Also my payday is always on the 15th I have set up a standing order to SC as their direct debit dates are usually the 1st or the 10th. I didn't realise you could do this either Very helpful the lady was.

Are you self managing too Kram?
    M
  • kram
    Options
    Kram I'd done it all :o. But I explained all this to SC and just said they will get back on it. To be honest my creditors probably won't be surprised and hopefully will be grateful for regular payments being made now. I hope.

Also my payday is always on the 15th I have set up a standing order to SC as their direct debit dates are usually the 1st or the 10th. I didn't realise you could do this either Very helpful the lady was.

Are you self managing too Kram?
    M

No i'm still with SC, I was just thinking about it going forward as I have managed to get 5 out 6 of my debts defaulted & the last one hopefully in another month.
    How are you doing with your defaults at the moment.
    K
  • motivated
    Options
    All 3 creditors, have 2 x debts with each have written to say they will default if I don't make up all arrears etc by the next x amount of time. So we will see. I don't EVER want credit again so however long it takes them.

If you don't mind me asking, how many payments did you miss until the default came?
  • kram
    edited 7 August 2017 at 8:43PM
    Options
    All 3 creditors, have 2 x debts with each have written to say they will default if I don't make up all arrears etc by the next x amount of time. So we will see. I don't EVER want credit again so however long it takes them.

I don't want any credit anymore I am glad to have all the cards gone.
    I missed about 3-5 months & started getting defaults the last one 6-7 months hopefully, paying reduced payments with SC.
    K
  • meepatme
    meepatme Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks no doubt i post as i go along, a release or sensors check some what little man against the machine i guess. Much noted to watch my 22k loan there be the ones running for the CCJ. I hold a iva as my get out jail free card if the plan didnt work out. But am hoping the lenders will play nice till December, start a DMP default freeze interest and in year or so time allow me too F F.

WELL can hope ;) i think its better then paying 85% of my income out forever more so things can only improve.

:beer: to us all battling debts whatever the cause we all know the stress of playing this game

Yes, good luck from me too:beer:. Please don't just lurk as you said you might, we'll always be happy to see you and hear of how your plan is working.

As for the banks, they tend to be a law unto themselves. I couldn't say who the nasty ones are likely to be for you. Hopefully all will play nice:j. A lot of people on here have had problems with Barclays/Barclaycard whereas my bugbear has always been Lloyds. They were a pain to deal with even back in the day when I didn't owe them a penny:mad:
  • meepatme
    meepatme Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    quick question for anyone does anyone have any info on term scales the mrs who the house is mortaged too is now worrying. from my research lots of letters are useless till a cjd. so am looking for her worries are ok till a cjd?
  • stephppppp
    Options
    Hi all,

New to this thread despite being on a DMP with SC for two years. Nationwide (loan) wrote to me to say that due to an admin error they deem the debt unenforceable and will add this to my credit file. A few questions:

1) It's not on my credit file - how long does this take and how should it appear?
    2) Should I be offering a tiny (10%) F&F? It's my smallest debt at £567 and SC has me paying £53 to this debt so it will be cleared in 12 months.
    3) Should I not be paying anything if it's unenforceable?
    4) Should I be checking if the other debts are unenforceable?
    5) I started my DMP in July 2015 and yet the latest default is Nov 2016 (the one I'm referring to!) Can I do anything about this?

Sorry if this info is readily available, SC were amazing at the start but I'm starting to get frustrated with treating all creditors equally and my DFD is still 9 years away....I'm 30 and want to think about a family and a home before I'm 40....

Many thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport