DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Excellent letter from link today.

Thankfully co op account can re start via SC dmp again.

Delighted my 1750 o/d has reduced via SC to 427 approx.

Amazing, this was a concern when co op recently rejected payments

1 call to SC Monday to re add or activate via DMP.

Isn’t the last few years difficult in respect of getting there since 2012 though some years yet.

At least I’ve learned to concentrate more at work rather than being weighed down with unpaid debts.

As a dreamer I still wish for a miracle secured loan to clear dmp, though not going to happen.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • meepatme
    meepatme Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2017 at 7:54PM
    Options
    Interesting reading on this thread thanks. I cancelled my dd to all lenders today gulp 42k lenders being HSBC overdraft, hsbc loan, Barcleys cc, mbna cc, sainsburys loan.

I went through SC just posted the papers today and emailed over documents budget paper work suggested payment plan of like 5xx odd a month and would take 6.5 years.

Am i right in thinking I should send CCA's request off to all lenders to see if there paper work is in order and the debts are enforceable?

By the sounds of it I Should have cancelled the payments then waited 2-3 months before sending the paper work over to sc hmm.

Well least the journey has started i guess. Also not good from what iv read about some lenders doing AR and not defaulting 13 years is nasty. I do hope I dont have too many of the bad lenders. Am really hoping they will agree to freeze Interest and default for me in a timley manor. If i read things correctly it maybe wise to not do a DMP for 3-4 months till they all have defaulted perhaps?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,895 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks. I was carrying on paying tokens as someone else posted earlier, to keep communication channels open.

If I stop, should I write to Link and explain why I've stopped paying or just disappear off their radar?

I did, I just said without a valid credit agreement the debt is unenforceable and I will no longer be making payments to it.

Creditor sold it to Cabot, quick letter to them and Cabot dropped it like a hot stone, passed it back to OC.

This was 2010, not heard anything about it since.

It's now statute barred anyway.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    I did, I just said without a valid credit agreement the debt is unenforceable and I will no longer be making payments to it.

Creditor sold it to Cabot, quick letter to them and Cabot dropped it like a hot stone, passed it back to OC.

This was 2010, not heard anything about it since.

It's now statute barred anyway.

Mine's already been sold once by MBNA to Link. Does it make any difference that it's already been sold on?
  • sourcrates
    Options

Mine's already been sold once by MBNA to Link. Does it make any difference that it's already been sold on?

You need to break the chain.

Tell them your not paying, what are they going to do ???

Take you to court ?

Can't, no agreement exists, so no proof.

Until you tell them to get lost, there going to keep hassling you, tell them your not paying, they will move on to someone else.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • braveheart6612
    Options
    It was January2015 that did it but I'm sorry to say I can't recall who it was with:o. I'm sure I recall someone else on here posting about a 10% settlement figure too.

I'm a bit busy at the moment but will see if I can find the info you want and report back later:). Unless January drops in and lets you know. Haven't seen her for a while, I hope she's OK.
    I settled with Advant Credit for 10%__
  • sourcrates
    Options
    I settled with Advant Credit for 10%__

Avant credit are neck deep,in the poo poo that's why, they need cash quickly, just to stay afloat.

Be no suprise when they turn turtle !!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 5 August 2017 at 6:22AM
    Options
    vaper wrote: »
    Do you know who it was that accepted 10% ?

vaper, do you ever visit the Full and Final Settlement thread? I may have already seen you over there but I 'know' so many people now on all sorts of debt-busting threads that I can't recall if I have:o

Here's the link anyway.

http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=115430

The thread is now 182 pages long and there are lots of instances of which companies have accepted offers and how much they were for. Lots of those too that wouldn't play ball :(. The thread was started as far back as 2005 so a lot of info will be out of date now. Lots of recent success stories nearer the end of the thread though:j
  • vaper
    vaper Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Carboot, will go and have a look at it. Not sure if I have already, this site is so big I get lost very easily lol.
    Don't put menthol vape juice in your eyes!!!
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks. I was carrying on paying tokens as someone else posted earlier, to keep communication channels open.
    If I stop, should I write to Link and explain why I've stopped paying or just disappear off their radar?

I think it was me who said token payments were good from the point of proving you weren't ignoring the DCA, in case they tried to play silly beggars and start any sort of court action. But I didn't realise one of those LINK ones was unenforceable (sorry, this thread moves on so quickly these days I forget what's been posted at times) -anyway with that one I would definitely follow the advice given to stop all contact. Maybe send one last letter saying that you won't be entering into any further discussion referring back to their letter about it being unenforceable and then block them (if they are calling) and just file away any letters. Focus on the ones that are enforceable and carry on with tokens to those.

It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times - isn't it, but worth standing your ground against these DCAs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure