1. Something must be done!
    2. This is something.
    3. Therefore we must do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trw1PbQt_Yo
  • Retired_at_55Retired_at_55 Forumite
    332 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I hope I have interpreted this accurately. It looks as if BA flights from Scotland changing at Heathrow to Miami and return (all BA with through ticket not picking up checked baggage at Heathrow) will still allow an 8" tablet in hand luggage in the cabin with us.

I don't want to have the tablet confiscated and it looks as if BA Scotland-Heathrow-Miami and return will still be all right for a tablet.

We are planning to travel with just one mobile 'phone (a basic non smart one) and one 8" tablet between us. If I have misread the information would someone please put me right, thank you?

Retired at 55
  • First it was shoes. now electronic devices. I do hope the Jihadists don't find a way of putting explosives in underpants.
    “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
    ― Groucho Marx
  • bap98189bap98189 Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fine for the UK airlines, they're likely to be more compliant. But can you really see say a Turkish airline in a Turkish airport re-scanning bags at the departure gate? They might do it for the first six months then it'll be by the by.

It happened to me about 6 months ago at Istanbul. Everyone got their hand luggage scanned and searched as you entered the gate area. We were changing onto a flight to Ahmedabad. For whatever reason the Indian government had decided they required this extra check on flights going to India and so it was carried out.
  • DoshwasterDoshwaster Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    First it was shoes. now electronic devices. I do hope the Jihadists don't find a way of putting explosives in underpants.

It has already been tried:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17065130
  • edited 23 March 2017 at 11:08AM
    worldtravellerworldtraveller Forumite
    14K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2017 at 11:08AM
    I hope I have interpreted this accurately. It looks as if BA flights from Scotland changing at Heathrow to Miami and return (all BA with through ticket not picking up checked baggage at Heathrow) will still allow an 8" tablet in hand luggage in the cabin with us.

I don't want to have the tablet confiscated and it looks as if BA Scotland-Heathrow-Miami and return will still be all right for a tablet.

We are planning to travel with just one mobile 'phone (a basic non smart one) and one 8" tablet between us. If I have misread the information would someone please put me right, thank you?

Retired at 55

You are correct.

The U.S. regulations only apply to FLIGHTS DEPARTING FROM 10 specific airports.

The affected overseas airports are: Queen Alia International Airport (AMM), Cairo International Airport (CAI), Ataturk International Airport (IST), King Abdul-Aziz International Airport (JED), King Khalid International Airport (RUH), Kuwait International Airport (KWI), Mohammed V Airport (CMN), Hamad International Airport (DOH), Dubai International Airport (DXB), and Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH).

U.S. Homeland Security

However, I would still re-check with your airline(s) immediately prior to your flights, as rules can always change of course.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • Retired_at_55Retired_at_55 Forumite
    332 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    You are correct.

The U.S. regulations only apply to FLIGHTS DEPARTING FROM 10 specific airports.

The affected overseas airports are: Queen Alia International Airport (AMM), Cairo International Airport (CAI), Ataturk International Airport (IST), King Abdul-Aziz International Airport (JED), King Khalid International Airport (RUH), Kuwait International Airport (KWI), Mohammed V Airport (CMN), Hamad International Airport (DOH), Dubai International Airport (DXB), and Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH).

U.S. Homeland Security

However, I would still re-check with your airline(s) immediately prior to your flights, as rules can always change of course.

Thanks very much worldtraveller. I' ll do as you suggest and re-check prior to the flights - your reply is really helpful.

Retired at 55
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News