Really Tesco !!! - 450 shops and this is how you reward loyalty ...........

Options

Comments

• RoonilWazlib_2
    Options
    Did you ask them to deduct the points again?
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    vikingaero wrote: »
    Tesco have been one of the supermarket s boasting about the vast profits of their online operation. But most analyst think that it's a loss leader and more about maintaining volume and preventing sales from competitors.

They think that supermarkets lose between £5, £7 or £20 per delivered shop depending on who you believe. So you've cost Tesco between £2,250, £3,150 or £9,000! :D

Unlikely.

Even Ocado is managing to make a profit these days. £12 million quid might not be much, but it is a profit. Tesco's online operation is about 2.5 times bigger than Ocado, and they've got better margins, so it's odd on it's profitable.
  • *~Zephyr~*
    *~Zephyr~* Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    BOBS wrote: »
    ... spending on average of £110 per week - lots more at holiday times - ...

Blimey! You must be feeding a small army on £110 a week! How many are there of you?

My total grocery bill was £117 for the whole of last month - I couldn't imagine spending four times that!
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Did you ask them to deduct the points again?

If you did that, they would give you a puzzled look as Clubcard doesn't work like that, you spend the vouchers not the points!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are closing the Orchard Club, which was quite a nice perk,when the product to be sampled was to your liking. I wonder if Bzzagent, too (never got much from that as I don't the demographic).

The promise is more in store samples (ie a spoonful on a cracker , instead of a whole pack to try)and more promotions. However, what happened to the promised extra reward point promotions and online voucher exchange offers , supposed to make up for losing Double Up ? I've noticed no extra points promotions and the online offers have not improved (same magazines, meals out nowhere near where you live, days out a few branded items; hardly 'something for everyone').
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *~Zephyr~* wrote: »
    Blimey! You must be feeding a small army on £110 a week! How many are there of you?

My total grocery bill was £117 for the whole of last month - I couldn't imagine spending four times that!

We're talking Tesco here, that will be for a basket.
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    *~Zephyr~* wrote: »

Feels like feeding a small army - my £110 per week feeds 2 adults and 3 growing teens! - all their meals - breakfast, packed lunches, dinner, supper and everything inbetween - fruit biscuits etc. It includes all bread, milk, meat as well as toiletries eg shampoo, hair products, soaps, cleaning products, washing machine detergent etc .....and couple of bottles of vino.

Overall I dont think £3.14 approx per person per day for all above is too bad. Yes I could shave some off this but not a lot.
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm sure someone will be along soon to say that you could feed them all from just a thruppenny bit and a piece of string if you shopped at Aldi or Lidl.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure someone will be along soon to say that you could feed them all from just a thruppenny bit and a piece of string if you shopped at Aldi or Lidl.

Depends how long the piece of string is.....
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options

of course they will !!! :rotfl:
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family