Getting the best from Global Shipping Programme

Options
2»

Comments

• Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only if they request the cancellation, as otherwise I think they can neg you?

Or just wait and if they haven't paid just lodge non payment with ebay to strike them.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I offer free p&p on all my listings. I accepted a lower than normal best offer on something that was going to the US via gap. And after I accepted the offer they want the free postage to .I keep telling them that it's for UK only. And that the postage cost is nothing to do with me. 2 days in and they haven't paid. So I have put in to cancel the order. I can feel a neg coming on if I block them will it stop a potential neg??

What option did you use to cancel as you need to be careful about picking up a defect. Doing a mutual means buyer can still leave feedback, however if you had opted to do the non paying bidder route and buyer didn't pay then they would be unable to leave feedback.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There aS an option to cancel order. But I still have awaiting payment .

It's been one of those weeks. This will be the third item to cancel. The other ones had excuses saying their kids got the buy bottom.
    Work to live= not live to work
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    In my experience the 'expensive GSP postage' is down to the seller. On the listing the seller needs to accurately set the weight and dimensions of the parcel as that is what the GSP postage is estimated on. If the detail isn't on the listing GSP makes a guesstimate and a very generous one at that.

I use GSP and now that my listings are more accurate I am finding that I cannot beat the postage against my RM airmail prices.

Thanks - that's interesting. I never fill that info in, which is probably why my cartridge ended up costing the buyer £14 to get it to Italy!

I think I'll do one listing with the size/weight included and see how it turns out.

Unfortunately the way that the GSP is integrated into Ebay's system is still a bit buggy. If you are unlucky enough to have a buyer bid on and win two of your items - one listed with GSP and the other not - it's going to get messy (or at least it was for me)!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure