Rules when buying services from other EU countries

Hi!

My company provides computer development consultancy services and I'd like to buy services from other Agencies or Freelancers from a different country!

Given that my business has some profit, I'd like to invest in some of my ideas! Unfortunately, I spend a lot of time working on client projects, leaving not much time and energy to work on my projects. Although I do my best, I'd like to reduce the number of sleepless nights by buying services from other providers, mainly trading in the EU, if possible!

I'd like to get some advice, regarding VAT, for example. My company is VAT registered and when buying services from Freelancers based on a different EU country, should they invoice with the VAT? I'm trying to figure this out and I did contact my accountant who mentioned they shouldn't, but I did some of my own research ( google for europa dot eu, Cross-border VAT
* sorry, I'm a new user and not able to post links ) and I'm a bit confused.

The other question that I have is on the invoice. How do I know that they're declaring taxes in their country and their business is legitime? How can I check that or ensure I'm trading with the right people?

I found some good resources through the freelancer dot com website and similar others.

Any tips or advice are appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills