Ppi

Hi don't know if anyone can advise a few years ago my dad got into debt and need help, I couldn't get a loan at the time so my brother got a credit card to pay the debt only I was the one who paid off the credit card balance which was 6000. My brother never used the card and it was cancelled after I had cleared the amount. Now I have found out he is trying to claim back ppi on the card even though he never paid a penny. Do I have any rights to any ppi he gets back. I have all my bank statements showing I paid it.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Do I have any rights to any ppi he gets back.
    no.
    Only the primary account holder has the right to complain and receive redress.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    are you actually sure you paid PPI on the account.

Did you see any of the CC statements, it would be on there if you did.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Hi thanks for the replies, it's just frustrating as my brother has had thousands off me and my dad over the years and never paid anything back and treats everyone like crap, he also lives with my dad and has never paid a penny to him and I know my dad has struggled paying the mortgage since he has retired and I know if my brother does get any money my dad won't see a penny off it. I try to help as much as I can, thought I might not have any rights but thought I should check to see, just feels so unfair.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure