IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Not advising Change of Registered Keeper to PCM

Options
12346»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Super report, fantastic victory against alpha scammers. Thank you so much for the nicely crafted description of the process you went through leading up to and on the day at court.

Great stuff.

Nasty bit of matter off the bottom of your shoe.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done and a great outcome, apart from the second set-aside fee. There was a case on here over the week-end where someone had received a PCN in a similar position to yours. I wanted to refer then to your case but couldn't remember Heath Parade. I can now. If I see it today, I will refer the poster to your thread.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 11 November 2019 at 11:49AM
    Options
    he didn’t consider the reserved costs for the second set aside fee

So, at the end of the day you are at least £255 out of pocket. It this happened to me I would be moving heaven and earth to get my money back.

Have you considered issuing a claim against the PPC? At the very least it will cost then time and money to deal with it, and you might get a sympathetic judge. After all, this location is set up to scam people.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • edinh05
    Options
    The Deep - yes, to say I'm disappointed would be a huge understatement. I am looking at my options for a claim. PCM did not have the permission of the freeholder at the time of the event. I think this could breach their KADOE contract. There is the privacy angle. I've book marked a number of threads over the years that I now need to research.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like compo under DPA to me
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 November 2019 at 2:27AM
    Options
    Well done - just read about your success! ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
    And I laughed out loud at the irony of what part of your claim number looks like!
    ...F0 0FF Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd

And this is great (not 'properly' forum-quoting it, so it is searchable later):

''A huge amount of thanks to the individuals on this forum who work tirelessly to support people like myself. If there is anyone with a Heath Parade claim still hanging over them, I'll be more than happy to help. I have a number of exhibits including the full title deeds and plan for the site, as well as other useful bits and pieces''.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure