PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Leaving tenancy early due to sociopathic neighbours

Options

Comments

• Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    ViolaLass wrote: »
    Jeez, will you please stop? You've made your point, you don't approve of the what the OP did but banging on about it isn't helping anyone.

Sorry, are you a moderator here?
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    Red Squirrel

Now I think you are being unfair.

Yes there are plenty of animals in rescue centres needing homes - and I could get into a long debate about how you fix that (especially after the farce I went through when I tried to adopt a dog but I digress) but given the OP's cat was rehomed - and not abandoned - is neither here nor there.

It has nothing to do with the OP wanting to terminate her lease early dos can I suggest the thread is brought back onto subject and not taken off at a tangent

I'm afraid I feel that it is an atitude that should be picked up on wherever it happens to be displayed.

I'll leave it there though, I just hope the OP doesn't get another cat given his lack of understanding of the responsibility and commitment it should involve.
  • allhailthekale
    Options
    I feel really sorry for you.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I read some of this post and the bit I didn't understand was how the cat was supposed to get outside from an apartment. Assuming that the front door of the apartment goes out into an inside communal area how did the cat get from the outside of the building to the inside communal areas to get to its food bowl? Or did it roam around inside the building all day? How did it use the litter tray during the day if it was in the communal areas and the litter tray was in the flat?

I can easily see what was annoying the neighbours.
  • allhailthekale
    Options
    Each flat has its own front door which leads out into the open. It isn't like a typical block of flats. I let the cat out and in.There aren't stairs or lifts or anything - it isn't like that.
  • Lemonsqueezer78
    Options
    Red Squirrel, give it a rest please. You don't know the OP and frankly you have no idea how easy or hard they found it feeling like they had no choice but to re-home their cat. And finding it a new home to live in, where it is clearly happy and cared for is nothing the OP should be lambasted for over and over.

I also feel that giving up a pet should be an absolute last resort, however these things DO sometimes happen in life and that's all there is to it. I wouldn't be a silly as to suggest that re-homing a pet should never, ever happen under any circumstances. But at that point, what matters is to ensure the pet is re-homed responsibly - which seems to be the case here. Being a keyboard warrior about it doesn't help anyone. I'm sure the OP felt extremely upset about the whole thing.

Incidentally, I also had a cat growing up who spent 90% of her time outside. That is where she wanted to be and would ask to be let out. She was healthy, happy and much loved - and lived to a ripe old age. That really isn't unusual for some cats. There are several others in my neighbourhood that are also outside the vast majority of the time. Yes, some cats will stay indoors but that isn't the case for all of them. They are actually natural roamers and hunters.

Jees, its ridiculous the number of people that think anything different to "their" way is some kind of abuse.
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2017 at 6:00PM
    Options

Nope, just someone who is pointing out that You Have Made Your Point.

Because apparently you haven't noticed.

It's a public forum, you don't have to be a moderator to comment on other people's posts.
  • allhailthekale
    Options
    It is just an opinion, I was simply trying to get across people have different views on things that's all. I apologise if it caused any kind of offence to you.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,047 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2017 at 7:29PM
    Options

There are not any moderators on this site!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=1.207903698.1936812736.1485712021

In addition I think some users need to be aware of the forum rules / etiquette so here's a reminder.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumetiquette.php

Especially:
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers : There's no such thing as a stupid question and, even if you disagree, courtesy helps.

Please be sensitive : This may be a web forum, but you're still talking to other human beings. Repeatedly or harshly saying someone's wrong, especially on boards like DebtFreeWannabe, Bankruptcy or Benefits, can lead to upset.
  • emilybc
    emilybc Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Having worked for several pet rehoming charities over he past few years, people abandoning their pets due to housing issues is a problem. However, that is an issue very much ignored by housing providers themselves and publicly shaming people who choose to responsibly rehome their pets achieves nothing.

Whilst I realise this post is beside the point, I feel the OP is getting attacked. Situations change and unfortunately sometimes people do need to rehome.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure