Ideal Home Shopping - TV channel

Options
I am angry and frustrated at the total lack of communication from the Ideal Home Shopping channel.

It is quick and easy to buy from them, but when problems arise, they are able to ignore you.

I don't know if this is the right way to ask for advice or help, or if I can only have a 'rant' about them here?

I bought an item back in June. It arrived, I checked it and used it once (it was a steam broom). I tried to use it a second time a few weeks later, but nothing happened.

I had to phone India, where their Customer Services Dept is and arrangements were made for the item to be collected and returned to them. I had to ensure I was around when the carrier came to collect it, and had to wait 7 working days - 9am - 5pm presumably to make sure I was in! No one came!!!

I knew no one was going to because I phoned India several more times to ask them to check if the carrier had my collection listed. Indian Customer Services couldn't do that! They did mention the name of the carrier and I found it dead easy to email them to ask!!! That is how I knew they had never heard of me and were obviously not collecting anything.

I called India, I wrote letters to head office, I sent emails. Ideal Shopping Direct (who are the trading name of Ideal Home Shopping) have never once (to date) replied or responded to my emails. I know they have been opened and read because I have received confirmation on my pc.

I phoned India again and told them no one collected the item. I wanted to speak to a supervisor - but they wouldn't put me through. I was told to post the item back to them myself and that if I sent the receipt I would get a refund.

Needless to say, I have received nothing at all from them by way of confirmation of the steam broom, the emails, the letters, the invoice (for time and costs to send it back) or phone calls!

Does anyone have any idea how I can get in direct touch with them (rather than via India) or what I can do to get my money back from them?

Comments

• TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I take it you mean Ideal World, channel 634?

Geographical numbers which I believe are answered in UK

Customer Service: 01733 887123

Switchboard: 01733 887100
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    How did you pay for the goods?

If you paid by credit card couldn't they help?

I know what you mean though about their customer services.....
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    [URL="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Peter/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/Andrew%20Fryatt.vcf"]andrew.fryatt@idealshoppingdirect.co.uk[/URL]
    An e-mail to the above character might do the trick. Worked for me anyway after peeing repeatedly against the wind with their useless CS.
    Or use the switchboard number and see if they will put you through to someone sensible in the UK
  • Tehned
    Options
    Many thanks to those who responded. Apologies for the delay in thanking you, had log-in difficulties.

It took a while, but I did eventually get a response from them, and they gave me another telephone number to call, which I think may be Customer Services, but of course, not sure if India or UK! The number is: 08700 700 802 . This is the number they suggested I phone (if I don't want to email) if the repayment is not received in a few days.

However, with their usual efficiency, I have not had the refund of the invoice I sent, which was mainly for postal costs to send the steam broom back. Even though they did say that they would do this.
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tehned wrote: »
    -in difficulties.

It took a while, but I did eventually get a response from them, and they gave me another telephone number to call, which I think may be Customer Services, but of course, not sure if India or UK! The number is: 08700 700 802 . This is the number they suggested I phone (if I don't want to email) if the repayment is not received in a few days.

Yes, this is their Customer Service number but as mentioned in my previous reply phone 01733 887123 that is the geographical number for Customer Service. The 08700 number will cost you a lot of money and they always seem to keep you on a long time. Always look up any 0870 numbers up on www.saynoto0870.com

I am sure the 08700 700 802 will be in India and I am almost sure the 01733 887123 will be in the UK.

You can always e-mail Andrew Fryatt as suggested by Oldagetraveller a couple of posts back.
  • Tehned
    Options
    TomsMom, you made a good point. Be interesting to see what, if anything happens now. Just sent an email to Andrew Frayatt!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure