IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Need opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    The small claims court is a lottery for both you and the PPC. It's Russian Roulette - three chambers charged, three empty.

You say that Umko, but who is a judge more likely to believe, a hard working lowly paid health care worker, or a lying cheating scammer who preys on the vulnerable?

Logic says so, I agree, but we've seen too many cases that have flown in the face of logic to be giving the OP soothing - don't worry everything will be just fine - messages. Best he's prepared - with eyes wide open.

And it's not a simple case of a wash, shave and smart suit, then prostrate yourself before the Judge relying on your 'honesty'. There's so much work to do before you even get to the courtroom, as you know.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • RadHimster
    RadHimster Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You can have a flick through my very similar story. Do a search for : Hospital PCN
    Did you not consider that he said he would get your charge 'squashed' (I think you mean quashed) in order to slide away from having a stand-up confrontation with you? It's a standard PPC method of handling such situations.

I see what you're saying but would argue if they want to enforce these 'fines' they shouldn't be lying to consumers and amending the terms. If you'd been calm and approachable throughout then you'd have no reason to doubt their words.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    RadHimster wrote: »
    You can have a flick through my very similar story. Do a search for : Hospital PCN

I see what you're saying but would argue if they want to enforce these 'fines' they shouldn't be lying to consumers and amending the terms. If you'd been calm and approachable throughout then you'd have no reason to doubt their words.

I'm afraid I live in the real world. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport