Praise for Vodafone shop

Options
2»

Comments

• takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Clearly it would have taken the OP longer, because they didn't know how to do it.

The shop provided a useful service to the OP, for free. The technology they used is irrelevant. The fact that there are other ways it could be done is irrelevant.

Why can't you just accept it was a helpful and useful service they provided?

The OP said it took them 22 minutes in total, in that time they could have easily researched online how to do it and done it themselves.

As the old saying goes "give a man a fish and they will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and they will eat for a lifetime".

Yes it may have been helpful at the time but it won't be helpful when they next change phones and sim cards. They havnt learnt anything how to save contacts or back them up and will need help again. Plus they will be missing out on alot of features of the smart phone by not understanding where the contacts are stored and why that's important.
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    The OP said it took them 22 minutes in total, in that time they could have easily researched online how to do it and done it themselves.

As the old saying goes "give a man a fish and they will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and they will eat for a lifetime".

Yes it may have been helpful at the time but it won't be helpful when they next change phones and sim cards. They havnt learnt anything how to save contacts or back them up and will need help again. Plus they will be missing out on alot of features of the smart phone by not understanding where the contacts are stored and why that's important.

At my age this will be my first and last phone {smart or otherwise} so needing info to do the job again will not be happening.
    As for contacts and where they are on a phone again does not matter as the reason I bought this one is for emergencies only so as long as I know how to dial out and answer an incoming call I will be OK.
    The only reason I bought this phone was,as my 12/14 year old one stopped working and this was the cheapest one I could find. It does the job therefore I am contented and will ask to have it cremated with me when I go.
    I know these new "phones" are pocket computers as well as a phone but be assured my "computing" {as far as it goes} are done within my home and not walking {fast or slow} outside.
    I do understand your comments and if I was 10/15 years younger I would do and try to understand what you say but I am not so {if needed} at any time I have a problem {tech or other}I will hope there are helpful people on here that will be willing to aid me:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure