IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ and my Credit Score- All correspondence sent to address from 2013

Options

Comments

• zebrarose
    zebrarose Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    No windscreen ticket. It was ANPR.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    zebrarose wrote: »
    No windscreen ticket. It was ANPR.

in which case (for anpr) , to comply with POFA2012 they have to issue the PCN so that it gets to the keeper by day 15

if they are NOT following POFA2012, I suppose they have say 6 months to obtain the keeper data (becasue I think the DVLA are taking a dim view of anyone accessing data after 6 months , especially debt collectors) , so possibly parking companies too

but the other "in theory" is that the PPC has 6 years to enforce the alleged debt under MCOL , so they would have to have applied for keeper details before the 6 years is up (but will have failed POFA2012)

so if they do access those details and no reasonable cause can be given, that is when the DVLA may say a DPA breach has occurred and the ICO may concur

which is when claims for a DPA breach can be made to a court , within 6 years (in other words , a counter claim)

BARGEPOLE explained some of this recently on this very forum in another thread

ie:- gather the evidence
    prove the DPA breach
    issue the court claim
  • zebrarose
    edited 27 July 2017 at 5:20PM
    Options
    Finally...
    I have handed all documents to my local county court for the set aside application.
    I emailed Gladstones and copied myself in as a proof of sending.
    Should I also send the email to the CCBC.
    Am I missing anything?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't think you have missed anything!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zebrarose
    Options
    Should I also email the CCBC?
  • zebrarose
    edited 28 July 2017 at 8:40AM
    Options
    ZebraRose you had left your name and address and personal details in your witness statement via google drive

I see that these have now been removed.

Also this is very very long for the set aside and contradictory in places. You have mentioned both the BPA and the IPC - the parking company is a member of the IPC.

It is now too late and I have already sent it off due to too much time just ticking and ticking away. I didn't think I was going to get it any better than it was tbh...

The regulars/pros have already commented/assisted with this thread.

I appreciate your comment on my thread.
  • zebrarose
    edited 29 July 2017 at 10:50AM
    Options
    Well I handed everything in on Wednesday and I received a letter in the post today with my hearing date! Omg! Slight poop in the pants!

So, from my understanding, I await documents/ evidence from the claimant and prepare a skeleton argument? I need to give myself a recap now. Ohhhh and I will be challenging their ROA on the day!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    This is just the set aside hearing isn't it? There are no such stages, you just go along and show the Judge why the claim should be set aside (and try to show how unreasonably the claimant has been, in hope of the whole claim being struck out and/or your £255 refunded early doors.

Even just getting the set aside (if no refund yet) is a big step, because that wipes the CCJ.
  • zebrarose
    edited 29 July 2017 at 10:54AM
    Options
    Will the claimant be attending?
    So won't this be the hearing where I must defend my argument and the claimant tries to prove I was in the wrong?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Not if it's a set aside, no.

We don't usually hear that the claimant even attends.

But the reason for having your ducks in a row regarding your defence is to steer the Judge to be satisfied you have a very good defence and hopefully more than that, he/she might agree the claim should be struck out and/or the £255 and your costs for missing work to attend, and your travel, should be refunded early on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure