PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Advice on selling

Options
Hi,

Hoping to get some constructive advice really been on the market for a month or so, and struggling with getting viewers through the door.

Can't post a link , but a search for a three bed detached in gl46ty Should. Direct you to it.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Llerryt
    Llerryt Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you,
    That's it
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks good in my opinion! In the last 3 months there have been 92 property sales in your area so hopefully there will be activity for you soon. What does your agent say?
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,991 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not knowing the area, I'd have to suspect that it's price. 68% increase in just over 4 years? What have you done to it to make it worth so much more in this time?
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Llerryt
    Options
    Agent saying that lots of click throughs, but just not getting the expected enquires.
    Had four agents in the value the property all suggested a similar price, over the price that we currantly have it on for now.
  • Llerryt
    Options
    The house was in a state when we bought it didn't have a bathroom, and since we moved in everything has been redecorated. Feel that we massively underplayed before, and got a great bargain.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I don't know the area but tbh it looks pretty good - nothing obviously needing doing - although I suspect the floor space may be smaller than the other properties just slightly more expensive than yours.

The fridge freezer is large, but then it shows that one will fit there (lots of families seem to prefer these atm) so no necessarily an issue.

Didn't see any photos of the en-suite so didn't know if had one until I read through. Also I hate the phrase 'internal viewing recommended' as it makes me assume the road / area / outside of the property either has no kerb appeal or is 'rough' (akin to saying someone has a nice personality IYKWIM).

What's the feedback from the viewings you have had?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Llerryt
    Options
    Feedback has been fairly positive, could moved straight in and well presented, but just not right.

Fridge I agree looks big on the photos, but doesn't feel imposing at all.

No photos of eh suite or master bedroom as it is really dark and photos didn't do any justice at all.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,649 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    3 bed det for £210K?

I didn't realise prices in Gloucester were so reasonable
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Llerryt wrote: »
    Hi,

Hoping to get some constructive advice really been on the market for a month or so, and struggling with getting viewers through the door.

Can't post a link , but a search for a three bed detached in gl46ty Should. Direct you to it.

Thanks in Advance

Please explain why you think that your house has increased in value by £125k from new when other houses on that estate have only increased by £60+k from new?

I used the sold prices on Rightmove to work out the price increases from new. I also looked at the local area which is a massive council estate. A nearby council estate will put some buyers off. Estate agents can only give you a guess on the value. The actual value is how much someone will pay you for it.

That road and that area will have a top price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure