JSA to ESA (appeal) losing money?

Options
2»

Comments

• Not_Me
    Not_Me Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Appeal Refused.

They have awarded me 9 points instead of zero. For not being able to mobilise more than 100m?
    But no points awarded for my other conditions.

They seem to have penalised me for not being stupid or lazy, doing things that made my life easier and things that enable me to help myself more went against me.

But they have agreed I cannot mobilise myself more than 100m, so how am I supposed to find work?

Am I now stuck on income support?

Thanks.

PS. Sorry if my words offend anyone, but I am rather annoyed to say the least.

Thank you again.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    Options
    They have agreed you cannot mobilise more than 100m without stopping, to regain breath/composure. They are saying that this in itself does not entitle you to ESA. They are not talking about working, they are talking about being entitled to ESA.

If you want to put into the context of working. Having to stop within 100m to regain yourself should not stop you from working.

I hope you realised that the advice above to claim Income Support is all well and good but would have meant..had you won your ESA appeal.. there would be no ESA arrears payable to you for the time that your partner is or was claiming Income Support. Same if your partner was to claim JSA .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure