Viagogo and Iron Maiden

Options
ed11e
ed11e Posts: 12 Forumite
Hi All,

Thought I'd share this story with you all. Viagogo are selling tickets for the current Iron Maiden tour (surprise, surprise for mad amounts). The concert organisers terms and conditions of sale, it state that "Without exception the resale, or attempted resale or purchase of a Ticket (either online or in person) is not permitted and is grounds for seizure or cancellation of such Ticket without refund or other compensation.".

Iron Maiden are using a ticketless ticketing policy for this tour where your payment card is your ticket and must be presented on entry along with photo ID matching the name on the card.

I stupidly bought tickets for one of the gigs without knowing this and then realised that I would possibly not get in as after making the purchase I received an email from Viagogo saying that I would have to meet a stranger at a meeting point and then be accompanied into the venue by them :eek:

Obviously once I'd read this I wasn't pleased at the prospect of having to meet a stranger and then run the risk of not getting in! So I canceled my order. Viagogo initially wouldn't let me, so I contacted my credit card company (Thankfully I paid by credit not debit card!) who stepped in and secured me a refund on the grounds that;

1. The tickets shouldn't be being sold by viagogo in the first place.

2. Sating before the sale that the tickets were being sold on a "Collect at venue basis" and failing to mention that you would be accompanied into the venue by the original purchaser was grounds for the goods being mis sold.

What I'm wondering is how are Viagogo getting away with this? Apparently Iron Maiden know who the people selling the tickets on Viagogo are and have canceled the tickets. Will Viagogo have to refund sellers as well as purchasers if tickets are cancelled?

Thankfully I then managed to get some tickets through an official sale at you guessed it, face value which was less than half the price on Viagogo.

Key lesson here is where possible pay by credit card!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure