HSBC Insurance Premium

Options
pollou06
pollou06 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 15 March 2017 at 4:41PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi,

This is our 1st time of posting, can anyone advise if HSBC insurance premium on an old HSBC Mater Card is the same as PPI?

Just going through some old bank statements before I shred them and came across it.

Cheers

Paul:beer:

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is our 1st time of posting, can anyone advise if HSBC insurance premium is the same as PPI?

HSBC Insurance premium could cover anything. Home insurance, car insurance etc. PPI is a specific type of insurance. So, it could be that but it could be anything else.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    can anyone advise if HSBC insurance premium is the same as PPI?
    As said above, it could be anything, but if it was ppi, would that be a problem? Do you have any reason(s) to complain about it?
  • pollou06
    pollou06 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Just checked my details and it was payment on an old HSBC Master Card, does it mean PPI?:beer:
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was it the same sum every month or very depending on how much was left on the card (not paid off in full each month). Ppi was charged on the balance so varied. Another insurance products would be charged the same amount each month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure