Early handover of luggage?

Options
Hi, I am flying to Brunei (Royal Brunei Airlines) late this afternoon, and having checked in online I wonder how much in advance of the flight can I hand over my luggage?

I'd like to get to the airport early, have a leisurely stroll round, something to eat and generally just people watch - without being hampered by my suitcases.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The baggage drop should open at the same time as the check-in so probably about 3 hours before the flight
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The check in counter opens 3 hours before departure, but it doesn't say anything about whether there is an earlier opportunity to bag drop.

https://www.flyroyalbrunei.com/en/united-kingdom/information/regulations-passenger-information/

Probably easiest to give them a call, 0207 584 6660.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    The check in counter opens 3 hours before departure, but it doesn't say anything about whether there is an earlier opportunity to bag drop.

https://www.flyroyalbrunei.com/en/united-kingdom/information/regulations-passenger-information/

Probably easiest to give them a call, 0207 584 6660.

Thanks - phoned them as suggested and it's the standard 3 hours before departure, which is when the check-in desk opens. :(
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Thanks - phoned them as suggested and it's the standard 3 hours before departure, which is when the check-in desk opens. :(

3 hours was more than enough time to have a very leisurely stroll around and lunch wasn't it?.
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    3 hours was more than enough time to have a very leisurely stroll around and lunch wasn't it?.

It wouldn't be 3 hrs though. It could be considerably less depending on bag drop and security queues, and gate closure times.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I came back from a long world trip and was at the airport for my final flight back (London to Manchester I think) and went to the check-in desk much earlier than the flight to ask them about something and they let me check the bags in much earlier lol.

You don't really need 3 hours in an airport, only so many times you can walk past the same shops and pubs
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd like to drop my bags and get straight on the plane ! Can't do with hanging around in airports, it's a huge waste of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure