IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dcbl bailiffs real?

Options
Hi I got a parking ticket on my car window last summer as I parked at a sports centre to ask about a party and then went to the shops but because I went to the sports centre I thought it was okay to park there but I got a ticket.

Anyway been ignoring letters as they were just threats it was mill
Collections now have a letter from
DCBL notice debt recovery. I don't understand any rights they have or I have I'm a young mum and know I can't afford to pay £325 or can't afford My car being taken away for anything from my home D:

It's says::
Your overdue amount of £235 in relation to a County Court judgement number has now been passed on to direct collections bailiffs limited. A further £75 plus VAT and administration recovery fee has now been added therefore the total amount now due is £325. To ensure no further action will take place please and need it we make a payment by one of the following methods blah blah. Failure to address within 14 days of the date of this letter will result in your case being reviewed for legal recovery and costs being added to the debt for recovery.

In the past they have said we MAY take you to court but haven't had a court time
Or date. How do they have a ccj if I haven't been to court? Is it a legit letter are the baliffs coming? Can I make a small payment plan as I can't afford to pay hardly anything. Thank you :)

Ps. On the back of the letter it says as seen on channel 5 can't pay well take it away and a picture of the two guys I thought this was very unprofessional!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 March 2017 at 11:11AM
    Options
    in relation to a County Court judgement number
    You've ignored or not received court papers in recent months then.
    How do they have a ccj if I haven't been to court?
    BY the fact you didn't respond to a court claim.

If you are on certain benefits it may be you are exempt or can get lower court fees, but normally t cost you £255 to set aside a judgment. MIL cases should certainly be set aside but you need to research it. Start by reading these and yes, it will take work on your part to undo this (hopefully not the entire set aside court fee, I hope you are exempt, you can Google that yourself):

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/mil-lose-set-aside-hearing.html

Here is one of several threads where people are doing a set aside here with our help:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5603767

and here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5518411&highlight=mil+set+aside

Citizens Advice can help you with the form-filling but DO NOT listen to them if they tell you to pay the CCJ off...you can't afford to anyway and the CCJ woudl remain on your record, not wiped.

A set-aside wipes it. So knuckle down and read the links and get the set aside form you need online or from your local court, and check if you qualify for fee waiver.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure