welcome finance ppi help please

Options
i had a HP agreement in novemeber 1998 for a car taken with welcome finance. Recently i thought i would try and find out if ppi was included. I was young and silly at the time but needed a car.
Through writing to WElcome -i have found out i did have PPI and what the premium was paid including the dates taken out and also a policy number. - all paid off i may add.

Welcome have stated they dont know who the underwriter is with?? i have contacted:
Aviva
Llyolds

in relation to this and both even after quoting policy number etc have denied being the underwriter?? I,m not sure who else to contact in regards? anyone else have any underwriters for arround that time that i can contact please?

any help would be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• joseph012
    joseph012 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    anyone able to help at all please.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why do you want to contact the underwriters?

Do you need to make a claim on the policy? Is it still in force?
  • joseph012
    Options
    because before 2004 ish..you had to contact the undewriters in regards to welcome finance claims. the policy is dated over 18yrs ago- i doubt i'll be making a claim in regards to it :p
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You're out of luck, forget it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • joseph012
    Options
    Thanks for that constructive and helpful post... Others have managed to get a result in similar circumstances.
  • joanne13
    joanne13 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I took out a welcome finance loan in 2005, I contacted FSCS 4 days ago and they told me to contact the underwriter.
    I looked at my policy and discovered that Norwich Union was the underwriter but when I tried to find info about them online I kept on getting directed to Aviva.
    I decided to make a complaint to Aviva using the resolver option available on this site, and today I received a reply from them asking me to send copies of the loan agreements, insurance policies and any other documents relating to the loan that I may still have.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What are you trying to acheive.

Do you yhink you were miss sold. If so do you have docs yo back up your complaint.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    joseph012 wrote: »
    Thanks for that constructive and helpful post... Others have managed to get a result in similar circumstances.

Haven't noticed a welcome finance win prior to 2003.

Happy to be proved wrong though.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • SideShowBob
    Options
    I contacted Welcome Finance about a loan we had in 2002 which PPI was mis-sold on because I was self-employed.

They were able to tell me the underwriter was Norton Finance so I am currently pursuing this with them.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I contacted Welcome Finance about a loan we had in 2002 which PPI was mis-sold on because I was self-employed.

They were able to tell me the underwriter was Norton Finance so I am currently pursuing this with them.

Norton Finance are not an underwriter. They were a broker.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure