🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Wrong service done.

Options
2»

Comments

• Franco42
    Options
    Yes. It alternates between interim and full service. This year it should have been an interim service. The same garage done a full service last year, which they have ticked as full service with a reciept in my possesion to prove it.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Given you told them to go ahead I think you are stuck with the bill. I wouldn't use them again though. My service book doesn't use terms like interim or full so I can't comment on that but it does specify exactly what should be done each service. That is what I would expect to be done.
  • ilikewatch
    ilikewatch Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    If they changed the timing belt and water pump last year and they've insisted on doing it again this year after 10K miles I'd be livid...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ilikewatch wrote: »
    If they changed the timing belt and water pump last year and they've insisted on doing it again this year after 10K miles I'd be livid...

A full service doesn't include that - timing belts are something that you have to ask for as an additional job. An interim will be just oil and filter and a quick check over. A full service will be oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, lubrication of things like hinges and a more thorough full go over.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ilikewatch wrote: »

Is that what they've done?
  • mr_accountant
    Options
    a couple of items need to be clarified here 1) what is the actual difference of items changed between the interim service and the full service and 2) the price difference between interim service and full service

my guess is the difference between an interim and full is an interim is an oil and filter change, whereas is the full is oil and filter plus maybe spark plugs, pollen filter, air filter and maybe brake fluid

so that would up the price a little bit maybe £150 but we need to know that before we can give advice, but in any case over servicing is better than under servicing.
  • loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    handle it nicely and tactfully if you want to retain this garages services. Point out the "mistake", compromise, agree to pay for the additional parts element but not labour. If there is a warranty to maintain then the correct service schedule should be resumed. ie NOT do the lesser service next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport