IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court papers ref BW legal/Excel

Options
123457»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Letter Before County Court Claim. Aka LBA (Action) or LBC (Claim).

Have a read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which is a comprehensive guide to the court process. Set in the context of defending a court claim, but if you turn it on its head, you can get a good idea about what needs to be done to instigate a court claim.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Parking-Prankster
    Options
    When this happens the defendant is usually awarded their full costs. Check your past paperwork to see if this is the case. Write to the court asking for your costs. Charge your time at the litigant in person rate of £19/hour.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • Peperlini
    Options
    Hi, Interested to know whether they restarted the case or it you had any joy with reclaiming your costs?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Peperlini wrote: »
    Hi, Interested to know whether they restarted the case or it you had any joy with reclaiming your costs?

He hasn’t been back to the forum for 3 months. Try sending a PM - he should then get an email to say you’re asking a question.
    Last Activity: 11-07-2017 5:01 PM
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• STuartqaqcndt
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I have not updated this, todate no further action by Excel/BW, I have not done anything about claiming costs as I have been extremely busy with some consultancy work.
    May get to have a go at Excel early next year, but other than that nothing.
    Cheers
    :xmassign:
  • Skimad247
    Options
    Hi, Quick question? How do i submit my Witness Statement? Do i have to print it and send it to the court or can i email it in?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Skimad247 wrote: »
    Hi, Quick question? How do i submit my Witness Statement? Do i have to print it and send it to the court or can i email it in?

Why are you posting on a thread over 2.5 years old?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport