Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Options

Comments

• FTB_2019_2
    FTB_2019_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 8 May 2019 at 8:52PM
    Options
    Hi all

Just to update for those waiting, we got our offer today from kensington.

Full application went in 03/04/19, all the usual documents were requested up front along with a letter to explain past adverse credit and proof of deposit. That was followed by a few clarifications about my wife’s place or work as head office is different to her location. Also I have a self managed DMP that they only asked for 12 months proof of payments no questions.

All documents and valuation were satisfied after about 2 weeks, the delay came from Kensington not seeing information supplied by our broker (we have had numerous apologies) and also the valued missed out the sqft of the property in his report.

All in all I can’t fault Kensington too much, all our stress has basically been a case of if a small thing can hold you up then we had had them all, this could realistically have been wrapped up a couple of weeks ago.

So hang in there everyone, it’s frustrating but they get there and that’s coming from someone who thought they would never get another mortgage again in there lifetime

Good luck everyone
  • brunettegirl
    brunettegirl Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our valuation has been completed and satisfied 7/5/19
    they have asked for proof of address for 17/18
    confirm employers location
    letting agents info
    p60 (don't have it yet this could hold us up im told)
    proof of CCards being paid off
    info from previous mortgage with Kensington 7 years ago
    I need to start saving so I plan to save £2 a week to start with:beer:
  • FTB_2019_2
    Options
    Could anyone advise if they email the offer to the broker or if it’s posted out to you?

Wanting to get it to the solicitor ASAP to push things on
  • brunettegirl
    brunettegirl Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FTB_2019 wrote: »
    Could anyone advise if they email the offer to the broker or if it’s posted out to you?

Normally they tell broker who tell you and then it is posted out to you.
    I need to start saving so I plan to save £2 a week to start with:beer:
  • CJohn65
    CJohn65 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    So, I've just heard from our broker that Kensignton have now approved everything and signed off the assessment, so subject to valuation (tomorrow), we'll have our offer on Monday!

That means it's taken two and half weeks to get to offer from application, I'd say that's a great turn around time so a 'slow' lender.

:beer:
    Senior Sales Negotiator in the Property Industry with 8 years experience in residential sales.
  • captain_finnegan
    Options
    I've been following this thread with interest for the last few months as we've also had to go with Kensington.

I expected the worst given past reviews and experiences detailed on this forum, but it hasn't been as bad as expected.

Our application went in 10/04/19 and we've just received an offer this afternoon (09/05/19). Keep in mind we've had two bank holiday periods in mind, then that's pretty good going. Also, I'm under the belief that we probably could've had our offer within 2 weeks if everything had gone smoothly. Unfortunately both of our previous letting agents managed to delay the process in the most pointless ways - easily adding a week and half onto application process while we chased them to rectify their mistakes.

Kensington really do seem to be trying to make their process quicker. At the end of the week they post their performance statistics on Twitter and it's been pretty accurate to us!

We've never waited longer than 36 hours for additional documents to be assessed (quite often it's been the same day) and on Twitter they've been saying around 14-16 working days from application to offer. Ours took 18. Considering there have been three bank holiday days as well as a week and a half delay caused by letting agents, I'm happy with that!
  • captain_finnegan
    Options
    FTB_2019 wrote: »

Our broker e-mailed it to us shortly after they got the offer. Your solicitors will also be sent a hard copy directly, as will you.

You could try calling your solicitor and seeing if they'll accept your forwarded version?
  • CJohn65
    CJohn65 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I've been following this thread with interest for the last few months as we've also had to go with Kensington.

I expected the worst given past reviews and experiences detailed on this forum, but it hasn't been as bad as expected.

Our application went in 10/04/19 and we've just received an offer this afternoon (09/05/19). Keep in mind we've had two bank holiday periods in mind, then that's pretty good going. Also, I'm under the belief that we probably could've had our offer within 2 weeks if everything had gone smoothly. Unfortunately both of our previous letting agents managed to delay the process in the most pointless ways - easily adding a week and half onto application process while we chased them to rectify their mistakes.

Kensington really do seem to be trying to make their process quicker. At the end of the week they post their performance statistics on Twitter and it's been pretty accurate to us!

We've never waited longer than 36 hours for additional documents to be assessed (quite often it's been the same day) and on Twitter they've been saying around 14-16 working days from application to offer. Ours took 18. Considering there have been three bank holiday days as well as a week and a half delay caused by letting agents, I'm happy with that!

I agree - Excellent service from start to (nearly) finish. DO NOT be put off by previous threads and information from other people as they truly are as good as the others, from my experience.
    Senior Sales Negotiator in the Property Industry with 8 years experience in residential sales.
  • onthemend88
    onthemend88 Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Would anyone mind telling me which Credit Reference Agency/Agencies Kensington use?
    First Time Buyer
    AIP 18/02/2020 - Full Application 25/02/2020 - Valuation - 16/03/2020
    17/03/2020 - Mortgage Offer Issued
    23/03/2020 - LOCKDOWN

19/06/2020 - Exchange of Contracts
    07/08/2020 - Officially Homeowners
  • captain_finnegan
    Options
    Would anyone mind telling me which Credit Reference Agency/Agencies Kensington use?

I have a credit application and quotation search on our Equifax reports and nothing on Experian or CallCredit/Transunion.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback