PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 10 March 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dull and grey day so no washing done but have a load ready to go as soon as the weather clears up. Finally got round to posting back a parcel for dd and arranging to meet older dd in York tomorrow after the lecture for U3A.

I even got round to asking a neighbour about his gardener and if he or she could get this place sorted out. It turns out he has just got a new gardener who the neighbour across the road is also using :j There is a huge shrub outside the window that blocks out light and "grabs you as you walk past!
    He has also been widowed recently so we had a chat and a laugh and a cry together which did us both good.

Insidious advertising (and a price reduction) has led to me having a "pie" for tea :o A small cake may have fallen into my basket as well to have later with a pot of tea.

I feel quite a gadabout with two U3A trips and a library training session this week! I have been using a steam mop but it does not get into the corners properly so have splashed out and ordered a special modern stringy type mop. The steam one is great for a quick whizz around but not for deep cleaning etc.

Hester

Hope the boat is getting on well and don't forget things can be hung up on hooks - pots, pans, cups etc.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gers thanks for the article - I will read whilst DH cooks us (y/s) pigeon breasts, (parsnip) game chips and (stale) bread sauce for supper!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gers thanks for that - only thing is, that article assumes you've actually got to sleep in the first place! :D

Joking aside, a certain amount of the problem with me is that I learned as a small child to fear sleep - because if you were asleep you were vulnerable; if you were awake and feigning sleep, you could scrunch up into a virtually imprenetrable ball, tangled up in all the bedclothes, so that you couldn't be Got At. :(
    Before I moved in with Mr LW, although I was married before, I'd slept alone for many years; and I wonder if it's just too late for me to ever be able to get proper sleep with someone else present.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,074 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Gers - It's actually going to be in my hometown of Airdrie. If I don't go for this flat though I think I'll go city centre of Glasgow, probably Clyde-side.

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes. Getting excited and I got my mortgage in principle at lunchtime there too. Have to remind myself not to get too excited!

Even more congrats Speky, you're on the track now. Airdrie is lovely. I'm an EK gal of old!

The Clyde side has been so well renovated, great views.

Best of luck in your search.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all,
    Gers wrote: »

‘Often, you think you need the toilet more than you actually do,’ says Dr Meadows. ‘If you notice a slight urge but don’t act on it – in mindfulness terms, "notice and let go of the thought" – then you can help move your body out of these bad habits.'

Wanting a wee at 2 and 5am is not a bad habit. Its a necessity or i'd pee the bed.:(

Sleep well all.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gers any recommendation for place to stay around Loch Fyne (west side). Diving weekend at the end of the month and I can't be bothered to drive all the way back. There might also be a seafood restaurant to visit:D

I leave at 0430 tomorrow for my skiing I'll be reading while I'm away if I can. Be good while I'm away:rotfl::A
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • echo_and_narcissus
    Options
    Evening all

Hope everyone is well. My newly-budgeted month is going reasonably well so far. I need to keep a good eye on fridge stock as I had to throw a packet of chicken away as it went out of date. Tut tut to me 🙁

The kids have enjoyed my forays into home baking in the last couple of weeks. I've made mini quiches, oat and raisin cookies, fudge and a sponge birthday cake which turned out really well. Am going to look for a couple of sponge baking tins to experiment with cake baking a bit more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure