Amazon's fake products and sellers - Is there any legal action I can take?

Options
13»

Comments

• Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fake sellers have swamped Amazon marketplace. I fell for 2 a few weeks ago and have found another offering several hugely discounted new books on my wish lists. Just off the phone from a not awfully pleasant adviser, saying just not to bother buying from them and they do nothing unless you've been done. Do NOT BUY from sellers with no feedback that offer new books discounted, I can not name names or am open to libel action. The good thing is that Amazon refunds any money if you've been duped but it takes an awful long time.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Happygreen wrote: »
    Fake sellers have swamped Amazon marketplace. I fell for 2 a few weeks ago and have found another offering several hugely discounted new books on my wish lists. Just off the phone from a not awfully pleasant adviser, saying just not to bother buying from them and they do nothing unless you've been done. Do NOT BUY from sellers with no feedback that offer new books discounted, I can not name names or am open to libel action. The good thing is that Amazon refunds any money if you've been duped but it takes an awful long time.

You are only committing libel, if you lie so please do name names.
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 May 2017 at 6:34PM
    Options
    You are only committing libel, if you lie so please do name names.

No, but also if I'm wrong, according to the "pleasant" AZ adviser so I'm appealing to your healthy gut instincts. £ 6.99 gives off a warning light for me now.... If it's too good to be true it will be exactly that. Put it that way - I will no longer support "Just launched" sellers or sellers with ancient feedback, that was another, maybe a hacked profile. I don't understand why people bother as they don't get any money until 30 days later and most folks have started a claim by then...could be a ploy by AZ to make people buy from them rather than marketplace? Don't sue me, AZ!
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 May 2017 at 6:41PM
    Options
    Method for a happy amazon experience.

1. Always select the prime delivery option. (Not sure if you can as a non prime member though). (I mean as a filter item, not the actual delivery option)/

2. Although with stuff like perfumes (ie the easily faked) I would then only buy direct from amazon.

You find you usualy get the best deals still (and you filter out a lot of the ridiculous high priced chancers!).

And if you don't it's probably because something is dodgy with the much lower priced item.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure