Forum Home» Techie Stuff

Talk Talk have blocked Teamviewer?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Talk Talk have blocked Teamviewer?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Techie Stuff
9 replies 2.9K views
tenpactenpac Forumite
9 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Techie Stuff
HI

Has anyone else found that the Teamviewer software does not connect anymore as of today 08/03/2017?

It was working fine yesterday.

I am trying to get some answers from their support......

It looks like they could have done a blanket ban due to the customer list hack and continuous scamming of their customer base using Teamviewer, but this is just a theory

Replies

• Hi,

I have had the same problem when I tried to use teamviewer today 08/03/2017 I do hope Talk Talk haven't blocked this very useful software because of scammers using it along with aquired IDs and Passwords from one of the many Talk Talk Security breaches.
  • onomatopoeia99onomatopoeia99 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's interesting, and concerning, as I fix my parents computer using teamviewer, it being much easier to do so than trying to describe to my mother what she should be seeing on the screen and what she should be clicking on.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek. Home is where my books are.

5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
  • edited 9 March 2017 at 9:17AM
    JackyDeeJackyDee Forumite
    3 posts
    edited 9 March 2017 at 9:17AM
    I contacted Talk Talk this morning and they said they are aware that customers are having problems using Teamviewer and they are looking into it. I suggested they email all customers to advise they should change their teamviewer password if they have a fixed one. I will see what they say when they have investigated the problem.
  • agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they email all customers when 99% of them will never have heard of Teamviewer let alone use it? All that would do is cause mass confusion.
  • I started calling Talk Talk at 10 this morning. To start with they had no idea what Teamviewer is. It took 7 attempts to explain it. Then they went on about how scammers use it and I shouldn't use it. When I said I was aware of how scammers use it but I have used it every day for the last 4 years and wanted to continue they said they couldn't help me any more and I had to talk to talk to their "quality" team. They gave me the support number I had already called and told me it was option 3 - there is no option 3. When I eventually got through to someone else, they told me the same story and put me through to two other people. So in 90 minutes I have explained the issue 15 times, pointed them to the posts on this forum and spoken to 5 people and been on hold for around 40 minutes and now they want to escalate it to someone else and have just cut me off.
  • Gambler101Gambler101 Forumite
    580 posts
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when you use an ISP that is !!!!. Sorry its true.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
  • edited 9 March 2017 at 8:38PM
    debitcardmayhemdebitcardmayhem Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 March 2017 at 8:38PM
    Apparently it is getting back online. Read the post on their forum claiming they expect teamviewer to implement security on their side. What a farce again from talktalk-nonsense, boy am I glad I got rid last year
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖
  • JackyDeeJackyDee Forumite
    3 posts
    I am happy to say that Teamviewer is now working through a Talk Talk connection :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support