Options
12345679»

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,335 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Economic wrote: »
    That is politics! There was an economic rationale for the increase in the NIC, but there is no economic rationale for the reduction in the dividend allowance as it causes the profits of firms to be taxed twice.
    The way things are headed, corporation tax could disappear altogether. I suppose this change gives them some wiggle-room to offer further incentives to businesses to remain here.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And we can look forward to some other tax increase in the Autumn budget to compensate apparently.
  • angelfire
    angelfire Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can anyone tell me whether dividends paid in April 2018, this month, but RELATE to company profits for the 17/18 financial year will fall foul of this change? Or is is simply that as it is going to be paid this month, regardless of the year it relates to, there’s still a £2k threshold?
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    !!!!!!!!! wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whether dividends paid in April 2018, this month, but RELATE to company profits for the 17/18 financial year will fall foul of this change? Or is is simply that as it is going to be paid this month, regardless of the year it relates to, there’s still a £2k threshold?

Divs paid on or after 6th April 2018 will count towards your £2,000 2018/19 allowance
  • angelfire
    angelfire Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tom99 wrote: »
    Divs paid on or after 6th April 2018 will count towards your £2,000 2018/19 allowance

I figured as much! Thank you for your reply!
  • Mosler
    Mosler Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do small amounts of dividend tax need to be declared, such as £20, if the person isn't required to complete a self assessment form? Or is this automatically taken?
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mosler wrote: »
    Do small amounts of dividend tax need to be declared, such as £20, if the person isn't required to complete a self assessment form? Or is this automatically taken?

https://www.gov.uk/tax-on-dividends
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport